Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some snapshots

Options
  • 24-09-2011 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭

Conversation seems to be lagging these days, so I've dug out the photo album. No use running, the doors are locked... ;)

Night flight somewhere over Puget Sound...
    nightFlight.jpg?t=1316854237

Oracs Island from the tower, with yours truly coming in to land in a DHC-2...
    orcasTowerView-1.jpg

Cub at sunset....
    cubSunset.jpg?t=1316854191

Stork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I'll join in :D

2011-9-7_14-45-41-471.jpg
    Flying the BC islands...

huey11.jpg
    Up in the mountains, dropping off a survey team.

2011-9-6_12-22-23-770.jpg
    Barnstorming around Washington

2011-9-5_15-26-41-995.jpg
    Returning to Bella Bella after a job.

2011-9-5_13-42-57-160.jpg
    One of the company ships parked up on the beach at KHQM

206bellanew1.jpg
    and to finish, my attempt at a Hageland aviation scheme (version 1) from the show Flying Wild Alaska, working on version 2, in HD at the moment.

Stork: Do love your snaps, very well coposed, and interesting places! specially liked the orcas island one weirdly... didnt't feel like the typical fs 'centred on the plane' screenshot, but a slice of aviation in general... like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

Firekitten wrote: »
    I'll join in :D

Stork: Do love your snaps, very well coposed, and interesting places! specially liked the orcas island one weirdly... didnt't feel like the typical fs 'centred on the plane' screenshot, but a slice of aviation in general... like it :)

Thanks Firekitten. Lovely shots also, expecially 1 and 2, showing the clouds hugging the mountains and valleys - what do you use for weather? #3 is a great advert for Orbx scenery.

I see you're part-time rotorhead...I gave up on ever being able to master those things. Remember, they can't really fly; they're just so ugly that the earth repels them ;)

What's that green-ish non-Canandian Xpress livery?

I believe in cropping screenshots to help the composition, and I do look out for different ways of looking at a scene. For example, here's a C152 parked at Toronto...
    toronto1.jpg?t=1316951663

...or gloomy Canadian winter skies from the cockpit of a Dragon Rapide...
    moodySkies.jpg

Regarding the Orcas shot, if you ever reproduce that view yourself, you'll see that there's an awkward looking mast spoiling it, which I had to clone out. If you look carefully you'll see the traces.

Thanks for the feedback!

Stork

Actually, if you belive it, thats standard FSX weather, in real weather mode (all I use) with the texture bandwith and max load doubled... looks nicer eh?

Rotorhead? yeah, I like choppers, getting to grips with them nicely. Parking a 212 on a mountaintop in the winds up there gets narly... you ever manage the fsx expert chopper mission on the rig? that ones nails.

The livery is Campbell Aviation, my fictional bush charter company I write pireps for on bushpounders forum. We all have our own little bush companies operating around BC... lot of real world bush aviators on there, I've learned a hell of a lot from them.

As for off standard 'spot view' screen shots, yeah, I like them too. :D (btw, especially LOVE your toronto one... though thats not CYYZ is it? thats Toronto city centre field... CYTZ :P (I know because I just flew in there on our VA's summer challenge (cross canada in 19 legs, best average VS wins, bloody long trip, im on leg 15, and 2800nm covered in my beech duke))
    huey8.jpg
    the mountains in the early morning from the right seat of a 212

2011-9-5_18-9-38-397.jpg
    gear transition on a 337... one of the most funky gear drops of any aircraft, period.

185PURPLE1.jpg
    my favourite, my crop shot of my 185 with redone specular and high res textures :D That one is Campbell as well, but its the fictional company owner Lara Stevens' personal ship... hence the non standard livery.

my favourite, my crop shot of my 185 with redone specular and high res textures :D That one is Campbell as well, but its the fictional company owner Lara Stevens' personal ship... hence the non standard livery.

Lovely shots...and great repaints. I wouldn't want to fly a purple plane myself, but damn, that looks good. :)

Stork

I got similar jokes about it being purple on the bush forum I use... heh, well, you lot continue defending your masculinity flying planes painted with bacon, beer, and football colours, I'll fly my purple plane, and like it!

• Advertisement

I got similar jokes about it being purple on the bush forum I use... heh, well, you lot continue defending your masculinity flying planes painted with bacon, beer, and football colours, I'll fly my purple plane, and like it!

I tend to stick with my virtual flying club's liveries, e.g.
    nightTimeArrival.jpg
    (Freeware B300 approaching Gibraltar)...or...
    orbx_orcas.jpg
    (Carenado C172 over Orcas island)

They also have the occasional paintjob based on yellow. So when I have an aircraft without a club paint job, it's usually easy to find something that's close enough, like in the cub over Vashon screenshot (which is actually a German livery).

Stork

Advertisement