Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about kennel cough vaccine.

• 24-09-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hi all!
    Just a quick one about the kennel cough vaccine. My14 months old springer was vaccinated against kennel cough on 18th may this year.He is going into boarding kennels next week and we were wondering should we get him done again or is the last one still effective?Does anyone know how long the vaccine lasts?Is it yearly or every 6 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

As far as I know they are a yearly thing so you dont need to worry. Even if they were 6 monthly though...you would be safe until at least mid November. How long are you going away for??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OP you're fine, no need to get him done until May of next year. The KC vaccine lasts 12 months, same as the dog's normal annual vaccinations. Hope you have a nice holiday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

Thanks for the replies guys!

we are just heading away for the weekend on friday and will be back to collect him on sunday afternoon so not too long! He will be going back for his annual jab next month before we are heading away again for a week so he will be heading for kennels again then:(dreading leaving him for that long. havent left him that long since we got him nearly a year ago i feel like im leaving a child behind!:o

Advertisement