Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aardvark Forum

Options
  • 24-09-2011 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭

hi

I think Im right in saying that the Aardvark forum is designed as a fake forum to capture spam. Great, good idea.

But why the threats of bans for regular posters who post in there??

a) surely spammers are fair game for some caustic wit
    b) the more like a regular forum it appears the more spammers it will attract

just a thought

cheers

BBDBB
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BBDBB wrote: »
    But why the threats of bans for regular posters who post in there??

1. They've been asked not to.
    2. There is a risk that in engaging in a mass banning that an Admin will select everything and delete all the posts and ban the users.
    3. Because of 1, you can't blame Admins for 2 happening to regulars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Spammers aren't that smart to be honest. I once saw shoes advertised in the Creative Writing forum :confused:

Plus any number of things that Anime & Manga got loaded with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Most writers I've met wear shoes. That spammer may not have been as dumb as you think.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Because we don't want to have to moderate the forum beyond dealing with spam. If people are posting we have to make sure that they're not hurling abuse, for example. Ensuring there's a disincentive to post in the forum minimises the effort needed to look after it.

Advertisement