Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guidelines on rebuilding wall for home insurance

Options
  • 24-09-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where this fits, sorry. I am renweing my home insurance and the "cost of rebuild etc" bit. I hacve been onto the chartered surveyers for the home rebuild guide but have nothing on the boundary wall so have no idea how to give a cost for this. I emailed them and recommended I get a surveryor which I do not wish to do obviously. It is a concrete block wall. How much per foot/metre would it be approx please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SBR

Although you don't want to appoint a surveyor - I'll still try help you out!
    As you haven't given any spec/size on the wall I am assuming a 10m long x 1.8m high wall with standard foundation, blockwork rising and boundary walling with attached piers, capping to top and plaster and paint to one side only. This will cost you about € 1800 incl. VAT

Advertisement