Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

met eireann data

Options
  • 24-09-2011 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I used to compare my own weather station data with data from met eireann stations on IWN, but IWN no longer seem to show met eireann stuff. What was handy was that I could see data for the previous 24hrs.
    Is there another site that has data like this, or even better hourly data from the previous week or month or year?

Thanks for any help.
    Wazzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

http://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp

don't know if this is any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

If you want hourly data then you could take a look at the synop reports here. Enter your time period and it will give the hourly synop reports for all Met Éireann stations.

http://www.ogimet.com/synopsc.phtml.en

Here's a guide to decoding it, (select HTML format for easier viewing).

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Su Campu wrote: »
    If you want hourly data then you could take a look at the synop reports here. Enter your time period and it will give the hourly synop reports for all Met Éireann stations.

http://www.ogimet.com/synopsc.phtml.en

Here's a guide to decoding it, (select HTML format for easier viewing).

Thanks that appears to be what I'm looking for, will take a bit of getting used to. I'm mostly interested in windspeed, solar radiation and air temp. I hope to plot those values against my own here.

I didn't see any weather buoy data on the site. are they also reported here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Mothman wrote: »

Thanks for that, but it's the Kinsale platform data that I'm looking for, is it not officially part of the weather buoy network?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Actually, if you use the "World Synop Navigation" link on the bottow left side of the ogimet page above, then click on Ireland and change the parameter to pressure or wind you will see Marathon pop up as 62023 (it says it's a ship but that's only because it reports in SHIP format, it is Marathon).

For a guide to decoding SHIP format, see here.

Su Campu wrote: »
    Actually, if you use the "World Synop Navigation" link on the bottow left side of the ogimet page above, then click on Ireland and change the parameter to pressure or wind you will see Marathon pop up as 62023 (it says it's a ship but that's only because it reports in SHIP format, it is Marathon).

For a guide to decoding SHIP format, see here.

Great! thanks
    wazzo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's happening a bit lately - not yesterday's weather!!

217240.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

yes theyr prob only 30 to 40mm out with Corks rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I looked at it this morning at perhaps 9am and it had 30mm for most of the Cork stations. I think there may be a correct 10am run and that the earlier 5am one is picking up crap inputs.

• Advertisement

It looks more like a "yesterday" from a day last week. It matches last Thursday the 9th fairly well.

"yesterday's" weather matches last Friday's weather.

217373.JPG

Advertisement