Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

damn it i missed it!!

• 24-09-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

guys i was totally oblivious to season 6 being broadcasted, is it on watch??
    did I miss loads of episodes??
    :(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

It won't be on watch for some time. The series is nearly over. There's been 11 episodes broadcast with the 12th tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Your likeliest option will be the repeats on BBC Three during the year, might be worth keeping a nosey out for, if you've got it. Obviously, there's the usual, less-legit options. BBC do an app subscription of iPlayer for iPhones, available internationally. It's a paying service though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

I have a link for watching dr who online for free if its ok with the mods I can send it in a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

That would be awesome thanks a lot everyone will defo keep an eye out on bbc 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Your likeliest option will be the repeats on BBC Three during the year, might be worth keeping a nosey out for, if you've got it. Obviously, there's the usual, less-legit options. BBC do an app subscription of iPlayer for iPhones, available internationally. It's a paying service though, unfortunately.

It's for iPad, not iPhone, and it doesn't have the latest episodes of Who, sadly. Calling it the iPlayer is a bit disingenuous, as it's more a sort of "best of the BBC" than a catch-up service like the UK iPlayer.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure you can get an iPlayer subscription on your normal PC, not fancy Apple equipment needed. There's an internet café in Cork who I know have it. Also I think you can get it on the Wii too.

ríomhaire wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can get an iPlayer subscription on your normal PC, not fancy Apple equipment needed. There's an internet café in Cork who I know have it. Also I think you can get it on the Wii too.

I don't know if you can, but I hope so - last time I checked, you needed a UK postal address linked to a paid TV licence. I'd gladly pay for BBC content.

Edit: Nope, just went looking, and the only way you can officially get iPlayer content outside the UK is through the iPad app, and like I said above, that's not a catch-up service, and doesn't have the latest couple of series of Doctor Who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,276 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Considering the ease with which you can download episodes with any of the bit torrent sites and software it amazes me that they don't try to make more effort to allow legitimate downloading via their iPlayer or iTunes or similar.

I don't know if you can, but I hope so - last time I checked, you needed a UK postal address linked to a paid TV licence. I'd gladly pay for BBC content.

Edit: Nope, just went looking, and the only way you can officially get iPlayer content outside the UK is through the iPad app, and like I said above, that's not a catch-up service, and doesn't have the latest couple of series of Doctor Who.
    That's weird. Webworkhouse in Cork have a link to the iPlayer on the desktop of their PCs. Is it legal to use a proxy server to bypass region blocking? I'd be surprised if they were offering a service that's blatantly illegal. That said it's pretty damn stupid on the BBC's behalf not to offer a subscription service.

I did find a quick guide to use a proxy to use the iPlayer after a quick search but I won't link to it seeing as I don't know the rules here about such matters and at least two forums I frequent have rules for instant bans for admitting to or promoting piracy. The guide involving downloading two programmes (a proxy programme and a web browser specifically built to work with the first programme), neither of which I've ever heard of so I have no idea if they can be trusted.

That's weird. Webworkhouse in Cork have a link to the iPlayer on the desktop of their PCs. Is it legal to use a proxy server to bypass region blocking? I'd be surprised if they were offering a service that's blatantly illegal. That said it's pretty damn stupid on the BBC's behalf not to offer a subscription service.

I know, it's aggravating, isn't it? I'm not sure if it's strictly illegal to do what that Internet café is doing, but certainly it's not something the BBC approve of.

I'd love an international subscription iPlayer, which is why I'm glad they've taken a (tentative) first step with the iPad app, but they do run into logistical problems on this kind of thing, such as the complaints of licence-holders in the UK that they pay £150 (or however much) per year for the BBC while international subscription customers wind up getting it for a fraction of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I did find a quick guide to use a proxy to use the iPlayer after a quick search but I won't link to it seeing as I don't know the rules here about such matters and at least two forums I frequent have rules for instant bans for admitting to or promoting piracy.

Links to proxys and then to the BBC iPlayer is acceptable - links to direct downloads/torrents/other streaming sites will be banned.

Ok well this is the thing I found. It says to download a programme called Tor and Mgeni. I have never heard of either of them and take no responsibility if they're actually viruses.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Neither one are viruses. :)

TOR= The Onion Router. It's a way of routing your traffic through servers to preserve anonymity.

mgeni is a way to fake up your geographic location based on TOR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Never tried a paid episode before but Blinkbox works in Ireland.
    They seem to be keeping up to date, when I checked there this mornin, they had up to 'The God Complex' online.
    Might be worth a shot if you feel the need to keep your moral compass in check.
    http://www.blinkbox.com/TV/Series/379/Doctor-Who

P.S. Check out the free classic episodes available the likes of Tomb Of The Cybermen, Talons of Weng Chiang and The Caves of Androzanni are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skinnygeness

nice one y'all thanks a mill!!!!

Advertisement