Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterhaven development, bilberry

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Was on the Bolster group website and i saw pictures on the site clearing - http://www.bolstergroup.com/bolster-construction/waterhaven/waterhaven-final.html

Have to admit i was surprised when i saw it, so is this actually going ahead with the tower included?

As far as i know the tower and conference centre were refused planning permission(also think theyre appealing it) but the rest is going ahead, to be fair I think we genuinely need a good conference centre and I think an argument should be made for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

O Riain wrote: »
    As far as i know the tower and conference centre were refused planning permission(also think theyre appealing it) but the rest is going ahead, to be fair I think we genuinely need a good conference centre and I think an argument should be made for it.

I Agree waterford needs a 21st century conference centre, im annoyed that the tower has been refused because it was the Key landmark of the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

That will never go ahead. Not for years at any rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

It seems to be in progress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

merlante wrote: »

Nothing has happened there since they knowcked it in June - I doubt anything will happen there for a long time. (The site is even with a local estate agent for letting )

IMO the site was levelled
    a) to clean up the place an avoid a prosection under the derilict sites register
    b) possibly to minimise exposure to council rates.

If this devlopment was to proceed it would cost in the order for millions before ground works could commence her due to the contamination of heavy metals in soil there - there is very little difference between this site and the old steel works in Cork which cost millions to clean up and all the soild had to be sent to the continent for treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Agree waterford needs a 21st century conference centre, im annoyed that the tower has been refused because it was the Key landmark of the plan.

Maybe convert the old cinema on Patrick St?

merlante wrote: »

As said above, the site is for letting now. I noticed a new Waterford Boatyard sign up earlier. That site will never be developed as first intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

As said above, the site is for letting now. I noticed a new Waterford Boatyard sign up earlier. That site will never be developed as first intended.

A boatyard seems like a good idea. A bit of a return to our maritime past, and make Waterford more of a boating destination.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

As far as Im aware they were asked by the city council if they could clean up the site prior to the Tall ships, and that is what they have done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I would love if it went ahead as per original drawings, it was stunning looking and a much-needed boost to our corporate business side of things with the centre. On the flip side it could end up like the Ferrybank Shopping Centre...

Apparantly the old foundry site is up for sale again

Yep - see big For Sale signs up again...

Site is still contaminated according to the EPA in wexford, the site is still classified and being monitored as a historic dump the new buyer would have a big cleanup to deal with after their purchase, but i supposed the dont have the demolition of the old buildings to deal with which would be some saving.

Advertisement