Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEI course

Options
  • 24-09-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Ive started a parttime course in my local education centre. When i called in to my local social welfare office to sign on( which i must do once per mth) i explained that i had started this course and they said that i had to fill out a Back To Education Form, i though this was for full time only. Anyways just want to know if anyone out there knows how this will effect me as its only a part time course,,ie will i keep getting welfare benifit or what happens. Many thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

cladda1112 wrote: »
    Ive started a parttime course in my local education centre. When i called in to my local social welfare office to sign on( which i must do once per mth) i explained that i had started this course and they said that i had to fill out a Back To Education Form, i though this was for full time only. Anyways just want to know if anyone out there knows how this will effect me as its only a part time course,,ie will i keep getting welfare benifit or what happens. Many thanks for any advice

I fear it will affect you, you must be available for work at all times and I think to receive BTEA the course must be full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Im still available for work. Just trying to improve my chances of getting it so that would not be fair.

cladda1112 wrote: »
    Im still available for work. Just trying to improve my chances of getting it so that would not be fair.

Unfortunately fairness dosent come into it with the SW, they will respond that while you are doing the course you are not actively seeking work. If you have informed them that you are doing the course, then you would probably be better seeking out the facilitator in your local SW office, explain your situation to them and perhaps agree with them to continue your part time course.

I did the course you are doing some years ago and I am currently in Uni. Next year you may progress to a full time FETAC level 5 in a PLC college, then you will be entitled to BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

Just looked it up on line and as far as i can make out things regarding my benifit will stay the same. The course i am doing is FETAC level 5 web design..and really enjoying it so far. love to do something further next year. Anyways for this year think things regarding my benifit will be ok otherwish i will just not do the course..cant live on no money.

Just make sure you are covered with the SW, so as not to hamper your chances next year of getting BTEA if you wish to progress. Best of luck whatever you decide :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement