Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accident - injured party tax disc out of date. Query.

• 24-09-2011 12:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Asking this on behalf of a friend (no, really).

A neighbour was involved in an accident the other day where they were side swiped and a fair bit of damage was caused. All was very civilised at the scene (let the insurance handle it etc.) and information was exchanged.

However, when my friends rang the other party to check what was happening, the other party said that because my friends were not 'displaying a valid tax disc'* they would not get paid out from their insurance.

Is this the case?

*they are waiting on the renewed disc from the Motor Tax Office. Their tax is up to date, they just do not have the disc yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I think its bullshît.

If you have the other persons insurance details contact their company and deal with it from there.

Don't waste any more time with the chancers and cut out the middle man.

If the person who crashed into your mate is pulling stunts like this I wouldn't even give them the option.to.pay for the damage themselves I'd make sure their insurance would go up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That's what I thought. I'll let them know, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are talking through their cake hole thinking they may be able to worm their way out of accepting liability. I would not have any more direct contact with the other party after that, just let both insurance companies deal with it, thats what they are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭GoGoGadget

+1

Don't waste time on them. Be warned insurance companies can be just as bad, a lad crashed into my mates parked car, insurance company said they would only pay out a fraction of the cost as the NCT was out... the car was parked, the best brakes in the world wouldn't save it!

Advertisement