Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out October 1st - Melbourne CBD

Options
  • 24-09-2011 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Lads,

Didn't give much notice for the last meet up. Anyone up for Saturday 1st Oct instead? :D CBD is prob best?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Yumee

Hi Lads,

Didn't give much notice for the last meet up. Anyone up for Saturday 1st Oct instead? :D CBD is prob best?
    That sounds great, we have just landed in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, would be great to meet up with a few irish! Where do you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Yea I'm up for this, Should be around that night,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 HalsOdyssey

Cool, maybe somewhere by Swanston St/Flinders 9 - 9:30?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Word of warning just in case you didn't know. Saturday's Grand Final day here in Melbourne and the city usually goes a little crazy for it. Pubs down round the corner of Swanston and Flinders Sts will more than likely be wedged as it's a short walk from there across Birrarung Marr to the MCG and the winning team always turn up at Fed Square at about 6pm the evening of the game, so I'm thinking that part of town will be packed.

lol had absolutely no idea, thanks Traq. Any suggestions of somewhere kinda central?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lucylocket82

Hi all,

Yea we wud love to meet up with everyone.Last sat was just a bit too short notice cos had plans.And unfort cant make this sat either as we have decided to take advantage of the long wkd off and head off to the Great Ocean Rd.

But hope u can all make the following sat regardless of whether u meet up this wkd.
    Wud be bril to meet up with a few Irish.For my boyf in particular cos he is at his wits end with all the women talk...ha!

Hope u all have a gr8 nite this sat though. Let me know how it goes ; o )

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Yumee

Hi all,

Yea we wud love to meet up with everyone.Last sat was just a bit too short notice cos had plans.And unfort cant make this sat either as we have decided to take advantage of the long wkd off and head off to the Great Ocean Rd.

But hope u can all make the following sat regardless of whether u meet up this wkd.
    Wud be bril to meet up with a few Irish.For my boyf in particular cos he is at his wits end with all the women talk...ha!

Hope u all have a gr8 nite this sat though. Let me know how it goes ; o )

:D:D:D
    O didn't realise it was a long weekend.. Happy days! We can go hell for leather sat night so:) enjoy great ocean road can't wait to do that! Anyone get their tickets for melbourne cup yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Hmmmm, not really sure on where to advise ye to go to be honest as I haven't been out in the city in ages at this stage. I live on the north side so am normally out in the northern inner city suburbs! I've a friend's bbq to go to on Saturday for the footy final so won't be able to meet up for drinks either :(

As far as I'm aware it's not a long weekend in Vic this weekend! I think it's Labour Day in NSW, SA and ACT - the company I work in have offices in all the major cities and the Sydney, Adelaide and Canberra offices have informed me they're off anyway! - but we have to turn up for work on Monday morning! The next day off in Melbourne is Melbourne Cup day on Tuesday 1st November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'm finally working regulars office hours now and can't wait for a good session. Has anyone thought of st kilda for sat. It'll be a lot quieter than cbd

Does everyone know where Pint an Punt is? It seems to be the best known? This OK for 9 onwards? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

I've heard the pint on punt can be pretty rough?

Does everyone know where Pint an Punt is? It seems to be the best known? This OK for 9 onwards? :)

Good call, grand pub and near st kilda. I was going to say the drunken poet but I don't know what the weekend crowd is like.

I've only been there twice Princess N and it seemed fine both times. A lot of Irish people drink there and to be honest it's probably more of a start off point lol. If it seems dodgy we can go up towards Chapel street. It's a short walk. Does that seem OK? If anyone wants my number just private message me :)

Hi guys,

Sorry when i mentioned goin away for the long weekend i didnt mean its an official long weekend.My boyf just has sat off cos of the AFL final and then monday off for RDO...sorry if i got anyones hopes up! ha :D

Hope you all enjoy saturday.Pint on Punt is supposed to be a good spot.
    Theres loads to choose from on Chapel St too so yea it would be good to head there afterwards maybe. I live just off Chapel St and the place does be buzzing every weekend.

Myself & my boyf are defo up for meeting up the following saturday if anyone is still interested?? So that wud be Oct 8th.Heading to the Melbourne Victory game that evening but would love to meet up with a few of you afterwards if possible....;);)

That's cool Lucy :D I'm sure something will be arranged this Sat for the following week :D

So what's the story, anyone on for pint on punt tomorrow so?

Yup :D Should be there around half 9 Jim :)

Yup :D Should be there around half 9 Jim :)

Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 welcome25

that sounds cool...been in there once nice atmosphere..see u then

Hi guys,

How did sat nite go?? Did many show up??

Hope u all enjoyed yourselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 welcome25

Hi all! hope you are good. Just quick post to let ye know that I am looking to get appt share in melbourne, preferrably with an irish female. I am a 27 year old female. My sister and friend are moving onto Perth but I am staying in Melbourne for a full time job. If anyone knows someone looking to get an appt in Melbourne, St Kilda you might let me know as it seems to be cheaper to get appt between 2 rather than own apppt!

Cheers thanks!

Advertisement