Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creepy guy at the hospital.

Options
  • 24-09-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Just wanted to let anyone know if they tend to walk home around the hospital area.

Earlier this week my flatmate came home quite upset after she was walking home around 10-10.30 from town. As she was coming out of the closed entrance at the back of the hospital there was a man exposing himself.

I called the guards to let them know but just wanted incase someone else encounters the same thing.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ha! Last night a friend of mine had a similar experience in the grounds of the Uni. Pants down, top up and asking her to touch his penis. She called the guards and last we heard they had chased him. Don't know if he was caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Ha! Last night a friend of mine had a similar experience in the grounds of the Uni. Pants down, top up and asking her to touch his penis. She called the guards and last we heard they had chased him. Don't know if he was caught.

Friend of mine came across him too... at the bushes opposite the MRI. She said he was young enough, mid-late 20s. Happened around 7.30pm on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭LoopyL

if this is the same guy im thinking of he's been hanging around there for a good few years he has/had bleach blonde hair with a mullet last time i saw him. when i was 16 and getting the newcastle bus home he tried to drag me off at the hospital saying if i didnt get off he was gonna hunt me down. thankfully there were alot of people on the bus and he was quickly kicked off. the guards were notified but as far as i know nothing ever came of it. still gives me the shivers every time i see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Never heard of this guy before, a bit disturbing that nothing gets done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,495 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

foto joe wrote: »
    Friend of mine came across him too... at the bushes opposite the MRI. She said he was young enough, mid-late 20s. Happened around 7.30pm on Friday night.

Jaysus :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

What does this guy look like? Have heard reports in another part of town of this going on and wondering if its the same person.

She didn't get a good look at him, apparently when she passed he stood up on the small wall there, fully exposed... needless to say she got a shock and moved off fairly lively. I found out about it an hour later and went over that way to check he wasn't still lurking about and saw a garda car driving off. Nobody in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

LoopyL wrote: »
    if this is the same guy im thinking of he's been hanging around there for a good few years he has/had bleach blonde hair with a mullet last time i saw him. when i was 16 and getting the newcastle bus home he tried to drag me off at the hospital saying if i didnt get off he was gonna hunt me down. thankfully there were alot of people on the bus and he was quickly kicked off. the guards were notified but as far as i know nothing ever came of it. still gives me the shivers every time i see him.

Jesus! I dunno why people didn't detain him, ring the guards, and have him arrested rather than just kick him off. If he tried to drag you off the bus against your will that is a serious offense. Sorry he freaked you out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Folks, if anyone encountered this guy, can ye contact Millstreet Garda Station as soon as possible. He's possibly linked with a more serious crime and they're trying to gather as much information as possible.

Won't say anymore on here but PM me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

If they really want to catch him why have they not got plain clothes officers,maybe female walking around the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

If they really want to catch him why have they not got plain clothes officers,maybe female walking around the area?

How do you know they don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Poss. entrapment shirley?

yeehaw wrote: »

Ha! I don't think it's entrapment to walk around as an everyday person! We're not talking solicitation, just walking around as a normal person, which is who creepo man seems to be targeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

because that would require thought, effort and possibly someone getting seriously hurt first, unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

MissMoppet wrote: »
    Just wanted to let anyone know if they tend to walk home around the hospital area.

Earlier this week my flatmate came home quite upset after she was walking home around 10-10.30 from town. As she was coming out of the closed entrance at the back of the hospital there was a man exposing himself.

I called the guards to let them know but just wanted incase someone else encounters the same thing.

Ask him to come (actually wrong choice of words, sorry) closer - then a good sharp kick in the goolies - problem sorted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

scholar007 wrote: »
    Ask him to come (actually wrong choice of words, sorry) closer - then a good sharp kick in the goolies - problem sorted! ;)

That might be tempting fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Not entrapment and don't call him Shirley

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Jaysus, I'd say she nearly had a stroke!

Yeah it's all hilarious until he steps it up to rape. Anyone younger or a more vulnerable person walking home may not perceive the incident as a big chuckle fest.

If it's the same dude that tried to drag a girl off the bus or worse, not all that funny IMO.

Gardai are taking it seriously anyway. My friend will be going in for an interview and they have a list of girls who have reported him and all will be interviewed to help profile him better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

We will have to get Criminal Minds team over from Quantico.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Jaysus, I'd say she nearly had a stroke!

I'd say thats what he was hoping for;)

Could'nt resist that one...

But in all seriousness This loony want to be caught before it gets worse and someone gets hurt bad,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

locohobo wrote: »
    I'd say thats what he was hoping for;)

Could'nt resist that one...
    Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

How do you know they don't?
    Because they they are garda and with so many incidents how bloody hard can it be to track him down in such a small area,its not an impossible task?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Because they they are garda and with so many incidents how bloody hard can it be to track him down in such a small area,its not an impossible task?

grammar-y-u-no-use-it-thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

He must be quite the athlete if he managed to run away from the Gardai with his pants down!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

She didn't get a good look at him, apparently when she passed he stood up on the small wall there, fully exposed... needless to say she got a shock and moved off fairly lively. I found out about it an hour later and went over that way to check he wasn't still lurking about and saw a garda car driving off. Nobody in it though.

A car driving with nobody in it :eek: serious paranormal activities around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

mmm must find a new place to do my business on friday nite :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭darraghking22

google entrapment there would ya :)

hope they catch this guy.

Advertisement