Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWTOR Launch Date Confirmed!

Options
  • 24-09-2011 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

Ive got exams around that time, we have a 2 week exam period and i have 4 exams hopefully my exams will be finished in the first few days :cool:

Prices are:

1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
    3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
    6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94)

Looks good to me :), 22nd December, when do you think early access will start!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Early access is usually around 1 week before release, sometimes 2 depending on the game.

Dating is kinda odd but makes sense, people will be off so can sit around playing over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Guess I'll be booking more time off around Christmas/Jan then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Finish in college in mid-December and off until late January so I'll have plenty of time to play the game.

Sticking to my standard, "buy subs in sterling" practice again. €13 conversion from $15 is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Thats much later than i hoped =[

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Very very strange release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

At least we know now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BF3 - end of October
    SKyrim - 11.11.11
    SWTOR - Christmas

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Dcully wrote: »
    BF3 - end of October
    SKyrim - 11.11.11
    SWTOR - Christmas

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!

BF3 beta tuesday :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

DrMorphine wrote: »
    BF3 beta tuesday :D

Indeed man, cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Wasnt intending getting this as I wont be able to put the time in that some clan mates might, however with the Xmas release, and the hols around then I have been suckered in!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Seems like an odd date, and i won't get to play much for the few days around Christmas, but it's good from a release date point of view. A fair bit after Skyrim/BF3 and a fair bit before Mass Effect 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I think it is to late for a proper Christmas launch honestly; short of releasing boxes a month in advance most people will not want/be able to get the boxes at that date due to travelling, postal delivery and what not for giving it away.

Now if the boxes are available in late November in stores how ever that's a completly different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

silly release date !
    The developers going to work over christmas / new year to fix all the bugs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

man i hope origin has pre loading like steam otherwise its going to be hell on the 22nd of dec :pac:

It's been confirmed a while back you'll be able to download the client quite a while before launch.

hal9000 wrote: »
    man i hope origin has pre loading like steam otherwise its going to be hell on the 22nd of dec :pac:
    Actually they already mentioned in an interview somewhere that the client will be downloadable before release.

[edit] As above.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Hi guys I dont know where to put this (sorry) but quick question.. Will a nvidia Geforce 8200m g graphics card be able to handle this game ?

Also delighted about the release date !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Should be, yeah - Requirements are a 7800, so you should be grand.

Should be OK, but given it's a laptop graphics card you're probably going to have to keep settings on low.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Thanks for the feedback guys ! Yeah ill be in College so Ill only have my laptop.. I dont mind the settings on low once I can play the thing .. Thanks I appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    silly release date !
    The developers going to work over christmas / new year to fix all the bugs ?

Thats EA's call no doubt, must haev MMMMMMMMOOOOONNNNNEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Odd release date...

Now while I'm visiting houses I'll be swetin to play star wars, brilliant : /

Still looking forward to it, will take up the free trial that comes with and then see where I go from there, alot of friends joining the bioware staff so fingers crossed a few free subs come my way, and its nice to know I'll have a core group of lads to play with, and work for the bloody thing :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wouldn't say it was all EA's doing tbh. I think it's a good time to release as you've let people get the madness of November and all the single player games that are coming out go past. There have been whispers that there were bigger technical issues than first realised that became apparent in beta testing and of course, there's the need to get Ireland's infrastructure upgraded, not to mention the 200 new jobs filled to have proper day 1 support globally.

What ive learned from playing a few MMO's, if the game isnt on par with wow come release, its doomed. The only games that have been expected to over shadow wow are produced by EA, and they never have the patience, and sadly, as much as id love to see this game blow the **** out of wow..

It wont, because EA wanna rush it for the quick buck, which is what they are all about.. I don't even know HOW EA got involved in this ****, last i checked it was Lucas arts, obviously and Bioware doing all the work. Why are EA in on this ****?

Now bare in mind, i may be wrong, but judging from how things usually roll in the gaming world, im pretty sure i wont be, id love to try this game out, but i would need to upgrade my system which is falling apart as i speak. But no game on the horizon is worth the upgrade, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I kinda disagree with you, But this isnt the thread for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

-Kenny- wrote: »
    Hi guys I dont know where to put this (sorry) but quick question.. Will a nvidia Geforce 8200m g graphics card be able to handle this game ?

Also delighted about the release date !

I highly doubt it will. The minimum specs say the 7800 which is a much better card than the 8200M. You'd be very lucky to get it to run at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

nix wrote: »
    I don't even know HOW EA got involved in this ****, last i checked it was Lucas arts, obviously and Bioware doing all the work. Why are EA in on this ****?

Because EA own Bioware. System requirements are actually pretty low, take a look

Damn EA buying everything :)

Im sure my system could handle it, but its on its last legs in terms of hardware, stuff falling off etc

And Dohnny, i dont think its a matter of agreeing/disagreeing, more of a matter of fact. Name one game EA have their name on/made, thats been going strong for many years that isn't hampered with sequel after sequel each year.

Warhammers a perfect example, they rushed it out, ****ed it up and made little to no effort to redeem their mistake. The game had so much potential and they wasted the effort in the name of greed.

PM meh if ya prefer not to derail the thread :)

nix wrote: »
    And Dohnny, i dont think its a matter of agreeing/disagreeing, more of a matter of fact. Name one game EA have their name on/made, thats been going strong for many years that isn't hampered with sequel after sequel each year.
    Ultima Online. 14 years and still running.

• Advertisement

I'm talking with a large player base / competitive community.

Advertisement