Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer cartridge usage

Options
  • 24-09-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

My genuine HP cartridges say I should get approx 1400 prints per cartridge, depending on type of printing etc.
    I normally have to change them at around 400 (as the quality of the prints starts to deteriorate).

I use Adobe Illustrator to create the pictures and then save the .AI files as High quality .PDF for printing, and then print as an image.
    It automatically flattens the pic before printing. [Does this sound ok to the experts among ye?]

Is there a way I can get more prints from the cartridges without losing quality?
    Grateful for any advice.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you are doing it right

the issue is that the 1400 prints are based on a small coverage, and you images obviously cover more of the page

if you look at some of the bigger printers they use much bigger ink carts and have a considerable saving on the cost per print

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

My genuine HP cartridges say I should get approx 1400 prints per cartridge, depending on type of printing etc.
    I normally have to change them at around 400 (as the quality of the prints starts to deteriorate).

I use Adobe Illustrator to create the pictures and then save the .AI files as High quality .PDF for printing, and then print as an image.
    It automatically flattens the pic before printing. [Does this sound ok to the experts among ye?]

Is there a way I can get more prints from the cartridges without losing quality?
    Grateful for any advice.Thanks
    If you are looking for good quality printing / printer with cheaper costs then I would advise this:

Dump the HP printer and buy a Brother DCP model. Then go online and buy cheap refills for this printer on ebay. I did this and never looked back. My printing costs are now very low without loss of quality. For example I often print off photos from my camera on A4 photp paper with surprisingly good results.

Brother vs HP:
    My previous HP printer is gathering dust in the spare room as it was more expensive to refill it than it was to buy, effectively it is a write off. Plus when it was left for long periods of time the print quality was effected by the heads gathering dried up ink.

My reliable Brother DCP seems to clean itself periodically and automatically without being asked;) This means that it just keeps on working. I have had it for 2yrs now and it is still delivering high quality at low cost. Hope that advise is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if its for anything of value, using third park inks is such a risky thing to do

any of the major printer manufacturers spend a fortune of r&d for their inks,

there is a reason for this, 3rd party inks will fade very very quickly

Advertisement