Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Changes' to the Islam forum

Options
  • 24-09-2011 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

My feedback is that I feel they are the most bizarre that I have ever seen on Boards or any Internet site. There's really no point posting there as clearly there is only brawn and no brains amongst the powers that be there.

I want to qualify that though and say that hivizman has always been a good and I exempt him from such terminology.

The others who make reference to incompatible lifestyles are failing to acknowledge that there is many lifestyles within Islam.

Anyway I'm not here to go back over old ground,I just want to say that I think it's really stupid. Relegating topics that the mods feel are inappropriate to one continous thread. Thats like putting children at the back of the class and telling them that it's ok to do what they want so long as remain at the back and don't disturb the rest of the room. It's akin to a rubbish bin and I don't want to put my post in a bin,nobody looks at what's inside a bin.

It's a very stupid idea I think.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Freiheit wrote: »
    clearly there is only brawn and no brains amongst the powers that be there.
    As if a dig like that's gonna do you any favours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

I'm not looking for any favours there,I've given up on it,it's a lost cause in terms of contructive,objective discussion. I won't be polluting my intellect with that neanderthal forum again.

But again I'm not here to bash,only to give my feedback and it's given.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

your feedback is welcome but honestly, it would be better received without the insult to the mods.

All that does is set the audience you hope to connect with against you before they even start to read the actual feedback itself and make it less likely to be seen as legitimate, helpful thought.

If any other users have an opinion on the changes, please feel free to post them but do try to omit insults/aggressiveness or my own personal favourite the "only intelligent people would agree with this......" tactic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I should also point out, we created a thread in the Islam forum to discuss the charter changes. I am aware Freiheit ban hasn't timed out yet, so probably why this thread was made.

I have moved that thread out of the Forum to here so you can respond if you want. I'll leave the link in the forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056398580#

Advertisement