Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling old VHS in Dublin area?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where i could recycle the old VHS** tapes?
    seems a bit of a waste to just dump them straight out.

** I'm talking about all the old blank tapes that you'd record stuff on, NOT official films in their boxes etc. so they wouldn't be shifted on the likes of Adverts or Jumbletown.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Drop them into a charity shop; they might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Just to resurrect this thread....

Is there any interest for old prerecorded tapes that might be in good order? Any point offering a few dozen on 'freetrade' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Try your local nursing homes, some of these places still have VHS players, and might be glad of the change.. depending on what you have of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I volunteer in a Charity Shop..

Proper Film VHS tapes sell for 50c each or 3 for €1

Any pre-recorded ones we just have to bin, there is no facility that I've heard of for re cycling these.

We often get peoples' wedding videos :rolleyes:

Anyway even if there was a good movie recorded on them, in our shop we wouldn't sell them because thats the same as selling dodgy CDs and PS games etc. Piracy laws and all that..

So my advice is unfortunately you'll probably have to dump the pre recorded ones.

Most Charity Shops will take VHS films.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bohs71

I collect old tapes TV footage especially anything with RTE from the 80's so If anyone is offloading old tapes send me a PM and I'll collect, happy to make a cash donation if need be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement