Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help [Trouble with neighbours]

Options
  • 24-09-2011 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

please i need your help, i live in <snip>, i am polish woman with 2 small kids my problem is that since february this year when 2 girls are moved next door there is a huge trafic of guys come in and out, as i suspected the girls are prostitus, i have no problem with this but there are not discreet at all,music is loud every day from 10am to 12 pm,party all weekends and i can't take it anymore, i called the gards they told me after that there was no proof that are prostitutes and because was no warrant they couldn't do too much,i contact the letting agency and they never come back to me with an answer,in the entire building there are 3 ap ocupated the rest of them are empty,i asked the other people and they dont know nothing about the landlord
    i need your help to tell me how to find the landlord,any help would be apreciate, thank you

Comments

If the landlord is registered (and they're probably not) you will find them here: https://www.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

Otherwise I think your local library has a list of all homes and their owners.

Keep a diary of all the comings and goings for proof and continue to call the guards to complain about noise etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Surely there is a management company / agent. Bring it go their attention and also write to the letting agent informing him that you no longer have peaceful enjoyment of the property and therefore are giving them notice that you are moving. Plenty of other options about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Supposing someone in this situation hires a P.I. to prove if or not there is illegal activity going on, will the garda proceed if the P.I. has enough evidence to say there is illegal activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blu3mist

thank you all, i will try to go personal to garda station theese days, last time i was ringing, so il will make an official complain, couldnt find the landlord but i hope i will sort it out with the gards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Go to the Garda Station and DEMAND to see the superintendent.
    Tell him that your previous complaints have been ignored by the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 blu3mist

hi, cant say was proper ignored, but as i said,i ring the gards and they told me is not too much to do since they didnt have any proof of that time and no kind of warant but i will set up apointmet for this week to put an oficial complaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

We had the same problem . An apartment on our street in sallins was a brothel. The land lord came with 3 big men and forced the hookers out in one night. Changed the locks . End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭paul71

Hi Blumist, a small suggestion for you. The law is on your side in cases like this but the law in Ireland is sometimes slow to move, which means that people here often have to deal with issues like this temporarily themselves.

I note that you said in your opening post that you suspect that the girls are prostitutes and this is not the problem you have but the problem is noise.

Why don't you or some of your nieghbours approach the girls and tell them you have a problem with the noise and that if they are quiter you would have no reason to go to the police.

If that doesn't work, get a male friend to stand outside their appartment and take photos of every man who goes in and make sure the guys know their photos are been taken. They will soon lose all their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved as the location itself is irrelevant, and you may find better answers in the relevant forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Anita M.

blu3mist wrote: »
    please i need your help, i live in <snip>, i am polish woman with 2 small kids my problem is that since february this year when 2 girls are moved next door there is a huge trafic of guys come in and out, as i suspected the girls are prostitus, i have no problem with this but there are not discreet at all,music is loud every day from 10am to 12 pm,party all weekends and i can't take it anymore, i called the gards they told me after that there was no proof that are prostitutes and because was no warrant they couldn't do too much,i contact the letting agency and they never come back to me with an answer,in the entire building there are 3 ap ocupated the rest of them are empty,i asked the other people and they dont know nothing about the landlord
    i need your help to tell me how to find the landlord,any help would be apreciate, thank you

The problem is not the traffic of guys comming in it is the trafficing of the girls outta there. If the landlord does not budge he is probably part of the traffic. Advertising the area would only lead to more traffic. Try moving?

• Advertisement
Advertisement