Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 3D Games/Movies?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Hey,

In about 2 weeks I will be getting a 3DTV hopefully, anyways have about 150 to spend on extras.. Was wondering what the best games/movies would be to pick up that takes advantage of the 3D and what not to pick up?

I already have Resistance 3 and hear its good in 3D and that Killzone 3 is suppose to be the best so I will be picking it up.. So what games or movies would you recommend would be worth it for a good 3D viewing... Also does anyone know where I could pick up some more glasses for the LG PW450T cheap?

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

crysis 2 is nice looking , try the motorstorm demo. Did you get a HDMI 3D cable ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316889947&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

tonydude wrote: »
    crysis 2 is nice looking , try the motorstorm demo. Did you get a HDMI 3D cable ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316889947&sr=8-1

Erm, you don't need to get a different hdmi cable for 3d. :D

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Erm, you don't need to get a different hdmi cable for 3d. :D

you do if you want to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I played a Motorstorm game in 3D at that PS Move Hub in town once, looked pretty snazzy. Buildings falling down around ya, dodging rubble. Was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

you do if you want to get the most out of it.

Or are happy to use lesser 3D modes such as Side by Side, but as the PS3 is 1.3 it limited to Side-by-Side and Top and Bottom not much point.

Side by Side, a 1280×720(720p) image will contains two 640×720 images, one for each eye, that the TV stretches out into 1280×720 images for each eye and stretching is bad.

If the PS3 is all you're using then there's no point in getting a higher spec cable, 1.3 will do but make sure it says high speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I was under the impression that type of hdmi cable didnt matter, a hdmi cable is a hdmi cable.. am I wrong? should I upgrade?

I have 3D tv.

My HDMI cable is nearly 3 years old now and is 5 metres long (i know, very very long)...

looking at that one you linked, its 18.50 euro delivered, worth it?

I believe the one I got back then only cost 8 euro at the time too, got it online at a very good price at the time

i got it, so id wouldnt need to upgrade at a later date. My original cable was only worth €10

i got it, so id wouldnt need to upgrade at a later date. My original cable was only worth €10

can anyone advise if my 3 year old 5metre cable would be any worse than the one linked above??

I have 3DTV but didnt realise I might need to upgrade the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got 3DTV today, all games played so far are amazing:

Wipeout
    Resistance 3
    Killzone 3 (demo)
    Shaun White Skateboarding

Must pick up full game Killzone 3 and maybe Black Ops.. Cant wait for Uncharted 3..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

From what i've heard shadow of the colossus from the collection is great in 3D, the sense of scale and distance when you're riding towards them is apparently brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    From what i've heard shadow of the colossus from the collection is great in 3D, the sense of scale and distance when you're riding towards them is apparently brilliant.

Yeah I must pick it up, the God of War Collection 2 is outstanding in 3D so will hopefully get it also ..

Hey man, do you have this cable yourself??

i went and bought this based on your post above and it cost me 18.50 euro incl delivery (I already had hdmi cable) and the cable just will not work properly with my ps3/tv!!

I'm so annoyed

mystic86 wrote: »
    Hey man, do you have this cable yourself??

i went and bought this based on your post above and it cost me 18.50 euro incl delivery (I already had hdmi cable) and the cable just will not work properly with my ps3/tv!!

I'm so annoyed

yes i have it, theres no reason why it shouldnt, did you just swap the cables. Try a hard reset on the console , when powering on the ps3 keep the power button pressed til you hear it beep a couple of times

yes i have it, theres no reason why it shouldnt, did you just swap the cables. Try a hard reset on the console , when powering on the ps3 keep the power button pressed til you hear it beep a couple of times

and you have the same tv as me too don't you... i remember you copied me at the time :)

I'm confused!

ya i just swapped them, doing hard reset now (tho i think i already did)......

yes we've the same set up, what hdmi did you put it into (although shouldnt really matter) ive mine on the side in slot 4

yes we've the same set up, what hdmi did you put it into (although shouldnt really matter) ive mine on the side in slot 4

yup slot 4 here too

thats odd, might be faulty try using the tele as you laptop moniter through the cable

thats odd, might be faulty try using the tele as you laptop moniter through the cable

its an old laptop so there is no hdmi port on it :(

you got anything else with a port

tried hard reset and changing hdmi ports it still wont work right!

if i swap cables it doesnt display, then if i unplug and plug in again it will work and show the xmb but then when i click in to load a game it might go again, blank screen, or if i get as far as getting into the game and say change to 3d it might go blank, or leaving it idle sometimes the display just goes

• Advertisement

so when you try the new cable the display comes on , then after a while it goes blank ?

Edit: have u it in fully

so when you try the new cable the display comes on , then after a while it goes blank ?

it comes on eventually, unplus and plug back in couple times first. and then ya it goes completely after a while - what im doing at the time that happens varies - its not one specific thing only that makes it go

might be faulty lad , contact the seller tomorrow. Amazed that this is happening since it gets mighty reviews

might be faulty lad , contact the seller tomorrow. Amazed that this is happening since it gets mighty reviews

ya will do but i hear that for refunds for that company - cause they are a 3rd party - they charge 20% of the price and also i'll have to pay to post it back

feck this

try it at a friends house, you never know

try it at a friends house, you never know

as an example there now the ps3 was off with the new hdmi connected up. i turned on ps3 and it displayed fine. i started uc3 multiplayer and it displayed that fine. i played away at that for a while. then i quit game when i was finished and when it was trying to 'transition', the display went - most of the time it seems to go when i 'transition' between things

mystic86 wrote: »
    as an example there now the ps3 was off with the new hdmi connected up. i turned on ps3 and it displayed fine. i started uc3 multiplayer and it displayed that fine. i played away at that for a while. then i quit game when i was finished and when it was trying to 'transition', the display went - most of the time it seems to go when i 'transition' between things

Transition as in switch channels

Transition as in switch channels

switch as in change from being idle in xmb to starting a game or transition from being in a game to leaving to the xmb or starting dvd from xmb etc etc

that is strange :confused: ,

• Advertisement

ok fit your old cable to your ps3 and enter the settings and check to see if the deep color setting is on, if so turn it off

Advertisement