Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Embassy Interview

Options
  • 24-09-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Has anyone got any experience of the embassy interview for the 1 year intern visa for the US? My interview is on in a few weeks and was just wondering what to expect.

Can anyone help put my mind at ease?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Its a very straight forward interview. All they want to know is what your intentions are for the visa, if you'll be able to support yourself (ideally with a job) and that you have intentions on coming back to Ireland (i.e you won't stay illegally in the US).

It shouldn't take very long, once you have all the paper work with you, unless you have any complications.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Hi there,

I had mine last Tuesday, I was expecting a lot of questions but literally all they asked me was when did I graduate :) It was totally fine. I did have a job offer letter for an internship, and a proof of return evidence (annual hospital appointment).

Be sure your stamped addressed envelope has the correct postage amount (5.50EUR) as I had to leave to get this and come back again, but it wasn't a big deal.

You'll be given a ticket when you go in. When your ticket number is called, you approach a window and hand in your documents, then sit back down. Your ticket number will be called again later and here you will give your fingerprints, then sit back down. Finally you are called again and in my case I was just given back any extra documentation and signed my DS-2019. They say you'll get your passport back within 1 week, I got mine two days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Hi, I'm wondering must I write anything on my DS-2019 before the interview or just hand it to them and then sign it? Can't work the form out!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

You can just wait until you're at the embassy to sign it - they will give you the opportunity to do so.

Advertisement