Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in the new pub/bar The Courtyard live venue?

• 24-09-2011 4:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Seen this new place is open whats it like?Bakers/dolans kinda place?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Where is it? It's an age since I've been out in town.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think it's behind The Office bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Sounds good... looking forward to checking it out.

The Office, this is another new place! great to see some new venues have opened in the city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Office, this is another new place! great to see some new venues have opened in the city!

the Office has been opened for donkeys years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Mc Love wrote: »

Has it??!! haha Where is it? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Has it??!! haha Where is it? :o

Straight across the road from the hunting/fishing shop in the Milk Market.

Edit: Too slow

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »

I thought it was re-opened and re-managed. They have a different crowd in there these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

It's gotten all cool to go there alright, but it's been open for years and years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Checked it out last night,turns out its just part of the Office Bar they build a bit of a shed thing out in the yard
    Band playing were covers i think they use to do Symths Sticky fingers??...think they got dropped from Symths
    Band was a waste of time most of the crowd seemed to be all lads in Abercombie/hollister tops doing the rugby jock crap walk lol/dolly bird girls
    Few older people in for a look but nothing interesting about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

bigpink wrote: »
    Checked it out last night,turns out its just part of the Office Bar they build a bit of a shed thing out in the yard
    Band playing were covers i think they use to do Symths Sticky fingers??...think they got dropped from Symths
    Band was a waste of time most of the crowd seemed to be all lads in Abercombie/hollister tops doing the rugby jock crap walk lol/dolly bird girls

Sounds like another rugby-poser infested dive that charges €5 for a bottle of Bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Was in there last night, very busy in the courtyard section (packed even) seems to be ok but it was just two busy for me, people hitting off you every few mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Must have been very bad if a ray of sunshine like yourself managed to come away with a negative view of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

I guess we won't be seeing you there again so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Oh I dunno, thought there was a couple of interesting looking birds, vaccuous no doubt but intersting looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

The band playing on Arthur's night at the Courtyard after the Big Top concert were very good I thought. I asked someone working there what the band's name was but I can't think of it now. Anyone here know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Try get in there for wednesdays, there's always original Irish groups playing. Much more interesting than your average cover band stuff. The event's are ran quite well. Decent sound, decent crowd, free in, and free food. How bad?

They have a facebook page set up for the Wednesday events, here:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002665086613

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Yup, if you want the original bands scene reminiscent of old Baker's go in there on Wednesdays, some daycent original bands over the last few weeks. As well as that it's out in the smoking area, which usually suits bandy types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

was here saturday night and didnt stay long as there was still a smell of sewerage out of the place as there was the last time i was in there about 6 or 7 years ago.i think il be giving this place a miss in future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

was here saturday night and didnt stay long as there was still a smell of sewerage out of the place as there was the last time i was in there about 6 or 7 years ago.i think il be giving this place a miss in future..

sure it wasn't just the smell of guinness and lager farts? The smoking ban brought in a whole new smell to the pub........

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    sure it wasn't just the smell of guinness and lager farts? The smoking ban brought in a whole new smell to the pub........

nah its more like a broken sewer pipe or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'm there every wednesday for a good few hours every week, never smelled anything of the like. You sure you were in the right place? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I've been in there a few times and found it to be a nice spot. They've got original bands on in there in a similar vein to what bakers had every wednesday and cover bands other nights.
    I can't say I've ever noticed a sewage smell in there or ever heard anyone I know complain of the same though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I'll try it some wednesday night for the original bands,just thought the band was wasted on the crowd there saturday night,it just felt like all rugby jocks/posh kids kinda place,as someone said its cool to be there at the moment
    Kinda felt it was Nancys for the younger crowd,hopfully it goes down the original band route more

roast wrote: »
    I'm there every wednesday for a good few hours every week, never smelled anything of the like. You sure you were in the right place? :o

Its the right place alright. I used to get dragged in there by friends that drank in there a few years back the smell was bad back then but its nothing like it was then but i still got the whiff of it when i was there last week..

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Must have been very bad if a ray of sunshine like yourself managed to come away with a negative view of the place.

QUALITY!!!!!!!!

Advertisement