Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a red deal door?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering what the going rate for a finished red deal door is currently? I was just in at the local builder's providers and while doors weren't on my list (we're just starting our build) he told me he has a load of finished red deal doors that they're trying to get rid of if I was interested....he said they normally go €120 but he'd give them to me for €70-€80.....just wondering if this is actually a good deal (excuse the pun :rolleyes: ) or not?
    I wasn't thinking of them for throughout the house necessarily but maybe they'd be sound for upstairs...if they were good value at least I could think about it but if he's spoofing I can turn my mind to more immediate matters and take what he says in the future with a pinch of salt! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 SBR

You are looking at about €90 per door (incl.VAT) for a red deal solid panel door leaf to fit into a standard 900 x 2100mm ope. This does not include for the door frame, architrave, door saddle or ironmongery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Bobbiblu wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering what the going rate for a finished red deal door is currently? I was just in at the local builder's providers and while doors weren't on my list (we're just starting our build) he told me he has a load of finished red deal doors that they're trying to get rid of if I was interested....he said they normally go €120 but he'd give them to me for €70-€80.....just wondering if this is actually a good deal (excuse the pun :rolleyes: ) or not?
    I wasn't thinking of them for throughout the house necessarily but maybe they'd be sound for upstairs...if they were good value at least I could think about it but if he's spoofing I can turn my mind to more immediate matters and take what he says in the future with a pinch of salt! :D

Was looking at doors myself yesterday. Our builder wanted to fit 7 red deal doors in our house revamp but we said no, we'll source the doors ourselves. I mentioned this to the owner of a door store near me and was told they haven't sold one of these red deals for a long time. They call them the 'shi+*&' doors! He said they warp with the central heating and lose their colour. Better off buying the solid core engineered doors which are factory primed. They don't split or warp.

Advertisement