Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Slipway

Options
  • 24-09-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Anyone no good spots for launching a boat on the corrib?

WF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

There are any number on the lake, what are you looking to launch and where are you based from?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Loads...
    But be sure to clean your boat before and after...
    Anyone no good spots for launching a boat on the corrib?

WF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

Based in Longford/Athlone

WF

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

Based in Longford/Athlone

WF
    why not just hire one? your not saving much dragging a boat from here, and at least your putting something back into the local economy by hiring a boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

make sure you wash it afterwards anyway, no point washing it before as everything in the corrib already! what size of boat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

ring 20 wrote: »
    make sure you wash it afterwards anyway, no point washing it before as everything in the corrib already! what size of boat?
    are the zebra mussels in corrib? they are in ree big time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Corrib is stuffed with them, I've pulled them up with my buzzers and trolled baits from Ashford to Annaghdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

gary29428 wrote: »
    Corrib is stuffed with them, I've pulled them up with my buzzers and trolled baits from Ashford to Annaghdown.

they seem to be in a lot of loughs now, i remember reading a report once that said it takes 12 years for their full impact to be established on a lough system. are they in lough derg 12 years yet? cant be far off that now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ring 20

every part ive fished has zebras that pond weed is well spread now too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

ring 20 wrote: »
    every part ive fished has zebras that pond weed is well spread now too

Yeah I always clean the boat after use! Cant hire because ill be shooting aswell so want to get no the lake with my own 19ft boat.

WF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Here's a list of the most popular slip-ways on the Corrib, along with Google Maps place-marks: http://www.corribcharts.com/piers__slipways_of_the_corrib.html

CorribCharts will be of great use to you if you're coming to the Corrib

Lough Corrib is indeed infested with the Zebra Mussel, but you should still clean your boat before launching and after you retrieve it.

At an IWAI Powerboat Branch meet on Lough Corrib, I invited Inland Fisheries Ireland to Cong, Co. Mayo to give a talk and demonstration on how to stop the spread of invasive species on our inland waters. It was very educational I must admit and has certainly taught me a thing or two. More info here: http://powerboat.iwai.ie/blog/biosecurity-demonstration-at-the-2011-lough-corrib-meet-of-the-iwai-powerboat-branch/

Advertisement