Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EATING CERTAIN FOODS FOR SCARS

Options
  • 24-09-2011 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out

i have his scar that is about 2-3cm in diameter
    im using bio-oil to help it but

is it true you should eat certain foods to help the healing of the scar and AVOID certain foods aswell?

also do you have any advice for natural healing methods.
    I
    heard honey is very good for scars,
    anything like that would be great help

thanks guys icon_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Vitamin E is good for scars. You can buy capsules in pharmacies, health food shops and The Body Shop. Open one up and rub it on the scar daily. As for foods, I don't know of any offhand, but will leave this thread here for a day or two to see if anyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I think that the mineral zinc is supposed to be very good for healing, I remember many moons ago when one of the piercing places in Temple Bar would give you a months supply of zinc supplements as part of the aftercare pack with each piercing!!

Perhaps it would be worth your while popping into a really good health store and chatting to the assistants about it?? (generally speaking you will get more expert advice from independent health food stores, as opposed to the large chain, super low price places, I have found)..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Avoid soy sauce as it will make the scar more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tfak85 wrote: »
    I think that the mineral zinc is supposed to be very good for healing, I remember many moons ago when one of the piercing places in Temple Bar
    Zinc oxide = nappy cream, like sudocrem, or tesco have a cheaper own brand one, I find it very powerful, I get cuts in work and get slagged for using sudocrem but it is really good. This is good for healing but I dunno if it does anything on a ready established scar.

For that I did hear of patches which came out in most chemists in the last 5 years or so. They were meant to even heal very old scars, it was very expensive.

I did a search on this site for "scar" and this was the most expensive product by far, so it could well be it.
    http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/kelo-cote-advanced-formula-scar-gel_1_159722.html
    It says "Kelo-cote gel self-dries to a waterproof, gas permeable membrane that acts like an extra layer of skin" and I think thats the one I heard was good.

Some mixed reviews on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Kelo-cote-Advanced-Formula-Scar-Gel/dp/B00022AUOC

Advertisement