Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferret boarding?

• 24-09-2011 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere that does ferret boarding? There's plenty of catteries and kennels and even a few places that say they board small pets but nowhere seems to advertise that they look after ferrets. I'd really only be happy leaving my pair somewhere that was familiar/experienced with ferrets. (I'm based in Drogheda/Dublin btw... but willing to travel for somewhere decent)

Cheers,
    Lexie

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere that does ferret boarding? There's plenty of catteries and kennels and even a few places that say they board small pets but nowhere seems to advertise that they look after ferrets. I'd really only be happy leaving my pair somewhere that was familiar/experienced with ferrets. (I'm based in Drogheda/Dublin btw... but willing to travel for somewhere decent)

Cheers,
    Lexie

Have PM'd you with a possibility ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 moses13

Have pm'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Thanks guys, I'm going to look into both of those. Any other suggestions or recommendations, folks? I'd like to be able to compare a few options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SnailMan

Hi, I'm in the same situation, looking for a good ferret boarding facility around the Dublin/Wicklow area anyone have an suggestions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Folks just a heads up
    There are loads of people that advertise boarding for small furries and say they've plenty of experiences with rabbits, guinea pigs gerbils , rats and ferrets etc and realistically most do not
    Not all ferrets are nice with other people and will bite if its a person they are not used to.
    I say this as someone who had and still has ferrets as mine will come when I call them but don't like being handled by my mates.
    Don't always believe boarding places as ferrets are a handful
    A lot more than rabbits or guinea pigs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

On the dspca Facebook during the week they had a little white ferret, owned by one of the guys who works there. It might be worth giving them a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I have two ferrets atm, and have boarded ferrets for a friend. Though they brought their own cage for the ferret to know something of their own. And also that I had to keep'em in another room, wasn't used to other ferrets.

I'd offer to board for you. but I'm 3 hours from dub . :/

I posted last year in this thread but ended up not needing a ferret boarding. This summer i'm desperately in need of a place for my ferret to stay from June until possible September. I have one vaccinated and spayed very friendly female pet ferret. I could travel almost anywhere in Ireland for someone who has a suitable place to mind her. Does anyone here want to or know anyone who could mind her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What about Bairbre O'Malley's pet boarding at her practice? If it's not suitable for long term then they might be able to direct you somewhere else. No better starting point imo.

Thanks for the tip, thats where I got her vaccinated but I was unaware that they did pet boarding. I'll definitely give them a call in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

She charges quite a bit for anything really. Had bad experience with her. She was caring for my sick ferret and hadn't the decency to call to say shed died. I phoned them up after work at 5:30 and she said oh she died this morning.

Advertisement