Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears 3 Pre-order Characters with Game

Options
  • 24-09-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering did anyone else not get their promised bonus character DLC with their pre-order in Game? I got the game on the day and was home before I remembered I was supposed to get a code.

So when I rang up I was told they didn't get enough in and I should make a complaint on the site to see if they can rectify it. Which is ridiculous as surely the management would have a better shot at quickly resolving the issue than me personally having to run around after them?

I haven't had a response from their web team anyway but I was just wondering if anyone else lost out on their promotional characters with Game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Which GAME was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got a Commando Dom, is that the character you were expecting?

I had a similar issue with the Mortal Kombat pre-order costumes. I let them know on the website and, after a week or two, they sent out codes. Patience is key!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Which is ridiculous as surely the management would have a better shot at quickly resolving the issue than me personally having to run around after them?

I haven't had a response from their web team anyway but I was just wondering if anyone else lost out on their promotional characters with Game?

The manager in the store wouldn't have been able to do much if he was out of stock. It regularly happens that they run out of codes in stores, especially if there isn't a lot of orders for a particular game.

Ring a store in Dublin, explain what happened, and see if they have any spare codes. A bigger store would probably have loads. Try ringing Liffey Valley or Dundrum maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had the game pre-ordered in game but did not get a code when I picked it up on release day , went back in today and got the commando Dom code and a crysis 2 code :D.

If they where out of stock there was not much they could do. but as pointed out above try another store, give them a ring or pop into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Notorious wrote:
    The manager in the store wouldn't have been able to do much if he was out of stock. It regularly happens that they run out of codes in stores, especially if there isn't a lot of orders for a particular game.

Ring a store in Dublin, explain what happened, and see if they have any spare codes. A bigger store would probably have loads. Try ringing Liffey Valley or Dundrum maybe?

I wasn't saying he could do anything about the fact that they had none left, I was referring to the fact that he had me go and contact the website when he should have took it upon himself to follow up a problem for a loyal customer. I asked him about getting a code from another store and was told he rang "Every store in Ireland" and they all had shortages, which from some of the posts above appears to be a lie.
    Absolam wrote:
    Which GAME was it?

Ilac Centre, Dublin.
    Mr.K wrote:
    I got a Commando Dom, is that the character you were expecting?

I had a similar issue with the Mortal Kombat pre-order costumes. I let them know on the website and, after a week or two, they sent out codes. Patience is key!

Well I've sent the form on the website so I'll be waiting and seeing. The topic was mainly to see if anyone else was told the same as me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement