Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date ideas.. City centre

Options
  • 24-09-2011 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi guys,

Any tips on first date things to do, city centre/grafton street area? All ideas welcome!! Trying to have a drink and then move onto something for a bit of a laugh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

the zoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

We realy need a sticky for these :D

Comedy Club on Eden Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

Depends on what she's into. Unless you're 15 avoid the cinema though, adults sitting beside each other in silence for 2 hours when they don't really know each other is awkward, leave it for the 3rd I would say.

If the weather is decent why not go for a picnic on Stephen's Green, feed the birds etc Then go off for drink or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

mikemac wrote: »
    We realy need a sticky for these :D

Comedy Club on Eden Quay

Taking the 'for a laugh' requirement literaylly, nicely played:D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Go to the Comedy Club, upstairs in The International Bar on Wicklow Street. Its €5 on Tuesdays, €8 on Wednesdays. €10 on Fridays and im not sure about the others days. Some of the acts are a bit hit and miss though but its worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

How about a cruise on the river liffey:)

seriously though, i wouldnt recommend comedy clubs as a good idea as a first date. The two of ye have to sit there in silence hoping the comedian doesnt start taking the piss of ye on top of everything else.

Go to a cafe or a pub for a drink or two, thats what a first date should be about, just simply getting to know each other and chatting

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Not a fan of comedy clubs myself, after being told once I was "laughing at all the **** jokes" :eek: There wasn't a second date :pac:

You could go to the National Gallery on a Thursday, it's open until half eight. It's a lovely place to just stroll around (and indoors!!), and you'll never be short on conversation with all the paintings. After, it's just a short walk to the Grafton St area where you could grab some drinks or food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It all depends on how well you know the person. I think If you a;ready know the person a bit then doing an 'activity' date such as cinema, comedy etc are all grand. If you don't know each other its best to grab a drink so you can get to know each other a bit more. I always think the Central Bar in The Library Hotel is a nice place for a first date.
    Otherwise I'd reccomend the ghost bus.Thats great fun.

Advertisement