Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another request for build help

Options
  • 24-09-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

My aged Dell Dimension seems to be finally giving up the ghost after years of faithful service, and I think it's time to replace it. While I've been happy enough with Dell in the past, it seems from browsing this forum that I could get an awful lot more for my money if I went to somewhere like HardwareVersand.

The computer will mainly be used for office work but, when things are quiet, I would like to be able to play some new games and have them look as good as they should. I am a big fan of the Elder Scroll series and hear that the new game in the series, 'Skyrim' is due out soon.

I'd be very grateful if you could suggest a spec based on the following:-

1. What is your budget? Up to €1,800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Mainly office work, but occasional gaming, such as Skyrim

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5a. If yes, what size do you need. n/a

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?
    I currently use 2 monitors - an old Dell 17" flatscreen and a new HP 23" with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wireless card, network card, bluetooth, Keyboard and mouse

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? I wouldn't know how!

8. How can you pay? BT or CC or Laser

9. When are you purchasing? Preferably sooner rather than later, but no absolute deadline

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin 7

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Mark

Comments

Advertisement