Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strategy games

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

RUSE isn't too removed from C&C and the zoom in/pan out functionality is great.

Dawn of War is a good one too if you fancy somethign slightly different to C&C

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's Empire Earth, it's in the first phrase :)

:o didn't see that

Must reinstall it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't like it. It's that low-poly trend and the "fun" features. I want history and immersion, not "fun".

Good thing I was replying to the OP and not you then.

Who the hell wants to play a game that's not fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

Good thing I was replying to the OP and not you then.

Who the hell wants to play a game that's not fun?

Don't get me wrong here, I like fun games, but they're pushing it a bit. Age of Empires had warriors and catapults and castles, not cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

penev10 wrote: »
    RUSE isn't too removed from C&C and the zoom in/pan out functionality is great.

Dawn of War is a good one too if you fancy somethign slightly different to C&C

The entire DOW series is cracking! Love Retribution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Elrollo wrote: »
    The entire DOW series is cracking! Love Retribution!

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is my fave, loved the way you gained extra starting units based on which territories you owned.

It was more of a full game than an add-on. As an added bonus you don't need the original to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Jayd0g wrote: »
    Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is my fave, loved the way you gained extra starting units based on which territories you owned.

It was more of a full game than an add-on. As an added bonus you don't need the original to play it.
    Ah stop, it was a class game! Ork crusade still gives me a good laugh aswell! Have ye played Retribution yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Elrollo wrote: »
    Ah stop, it was a class game! Ork crusade still gives me a good laugh aswell! Have ye played Retribution yet?

Yeah I played it through a while back, but never felt the need to re-install.

Dark Crusade's been dug out a few times over the years though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

This is going back a long time now but one strategy game that I absolutely loved was Total Annihilation! Absolutely epic game, i've gone back and played it a few times, only thing that ever used to drive me insane was that I could never get a proper lan going with my friends, spent hours of my life playing skirmishes in it though! Would definatly recommend it OP

Advertisement