Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works for MBP?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Hey, is there a version of microsoft works you can download through the app store on an MBP? If so, what's it called?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No. Microsoft aren't offering Office on the Mac App Store yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

I didn't mean by the company, I meant can you get something where you can type things and save them etc on a mac? Like microsoft works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Oh. Well there's a few different options. There's Apple's own iWorks, which is available on the Mac App Store. There's also NeoOffice and OpenOffice which are free and open source.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Oh. Well there's a few different options. There's Apple's own iWorks, which is available on the Mac App Store. There's also NeoOffice and OpenOffice which are free and open source.

Try LibreOffice. Its the community successor to open office

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

What you're looking for is called Pages.
    Its part of the iwork suite and native to Apple.

Think its around 15.99.

You could also try Open Office, its free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Too slow, Mavis Beacon where are you?

iWorks is the one i was trying to think of, my dad was like "download works, it should be on the app store" :rolleyes:. Thanks!

yoyo wrote: »
    Try LibreOffice. Its the community successor to open office

Nick

Thanks a lot, you saved me 16 euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

And also arguably you got a better piece of software.

Advertisement