Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good chinese food, in northside

Options
  • 24-09-2011 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

mods please dont move it, i dont need recommendations for places all over ireland.
    im looking at justeat.ie but unsure if any are edible.
    As in do they use the dark meat of chicken too?

Im very fussy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

The Golden Wok is the best I've got comparatively, it's not great chinese food either tho. I can't comment on their meat but the vegetarian dishes are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Tung Sing isn't bad. But the only thing is it's in Patrick St....

I don't know of any decent Chinese/Indian restaurants or takeaways on the Northside. TBH - the standard of Indian and Chinese food here isn't great, so I wait until I go home to get a good Chinese or Indian meal!

If you know of any in the meantime, let me know!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

MissRetro wrote: »
    The Golden Wok is the best I've got comparatively, it's not great chinese food either tho. I can't comment on their meat but the vegetarian dishes are good.
    I agree ,lovely food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Phoenix House St Lukes.

Specify breast of chicken when ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Do you ever get the dark chicken meat in a Chinese? Never seen it in Ireland. Only seen it abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Tung Sing isn't bad. But the only thing is it's in Patrick St....

Don't forget that Tung Sing is in Blarney as well! So if you are in the Blarney st, hollyhill, gurranabraher etc side of the north side the Tung Sing is only a 5 min drive away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

omahaid wrote: »
    Don't forget that Tung Sing is in Blarney as well! So if you are in the Blarney st, hollyhill, gurranabraher etc side of the north side the Tung Sing is only a 5 min drive away.

yummy, but i dont drive so i need some place that delivers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

The Orchid Palace in Ballyvolane(above the Fox and Hounds bar) is divine!! To the best of my knowledge they deliver....problem solved,NEXT!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

charlemont wrote: »
    Phoenix House St Lukes.

Disagree! Just my two cents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Crystal Palace MacCurtain St. (Next to Cash Converters) - think it changed its name recently but same staff and lovely food. Just eat out as its far more expensive to eat in for the same thing.

Ludo wrote: »
    Do you ever get the dark chicken meat in a Chinese? Never seen it in Ireland. Only seen it abroad.

in peony in black pool:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Genrally If you order from a Chinese Takeaway and ask for a Chicken curry they will give you the dark meat but if you ask for a breast of Chicken curry then you get the breast(which from Chinese TakeAway maybre a few days old and very moist which staff in one or two had told me, they said Irish like it), Chinese prefare the dark meat and think its higher quality but here in Ireland everyone wants the breast so they are ghappy they get very little waste.

MissRetro wrote: »
    Ive tried there, oh my god their chow mein is only delish! not so keen on the curry though. but we'll see what else they have, feckin cheap too.
    Genrally If you order from a Chinese Takeaway and ask for a Chicken curry they will give you the dark meat but if you ask for a breast of Chicken curry then you get the breast(which from Chinese TakeAway maybre a few days old and very moist which staff in one or two had told me, they said Irish like it), Chinese prefare the dark meat and think its higher quality but here in Ireland everyone wants the breast so they are ghappy they get very little waste.
    i did ask for breast meat in the chinese in question. but im avoiding the place like the plague after how sick i was after

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the dark meat.............

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the dark meat.............

except........i dont like it:rolleyes:

Advertisement