Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIDI Software

Options
  • 16-02-2001 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I have a good idea.

Get together the rest of the musicians you need to play the music in the key you want.

I hate those midi tracks behind some guy or two singing.

Luc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

... and what an incredibly helpful moderator this board has, indeed ...

Excelsior, MED Soundstudio, available from http://www.octamed.co.uk/index2.htm may have what you're looking for. It promises:
    • 16 bit audio
    • 64 tracks of audio
    • Extensive MIDI support
    • Integrated wav editor
    • Massive number of Real time Effects
    • Save your Composition as:
    • A self executing playback file
    • In the standard WAV format.

{Edit}: By the way, - I am, of course, not 100% sure that this will turn out to be what you're looking for, but it's worth a try anyway.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 16-02-2001).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Handbags at dawn, is it ladies? wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hardly, Dav.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

i need software that will allow me to modify the key of midi files. (key as in musical tone)
    anyone got any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

to clarify, its not for me.
    i know someone who must sing for her leaving cert practical. she lives in a town where no one can play the piano. (what a hell hole that is).
    as the practical is all about her singing and has nothing to do with the music, she is going to use midis.
    however they have to be in some particular key or something to work with her voice. this is where i am over my head.
    thanks for the link bard.
    bordering on the genius as ever sir.
    i shall go check it out post haste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Yeah, I confess, it's actually for me. Thanks for going to all this trouble, Excelsior smile.gif

Alternatively, can anybody here play any instruments that would ultimately benefit me? I can play guitar but can't sing and play at the same time for some reason. I would pay them 50p out of my pocket money to train for several weeks and then accompany me. Only serious offers will be considered. wink.gif

Thank you for your help, Bard. I appreciate it too. smile.gif

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

Advertisement