Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent Mature Student

Options
  • 24-09-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Just a question about getting the grant for next year, do I have to provide multiple forms to prove I was independent next month?

Such as utility bill & bank statement or does just one suffice?

Need to get everything in order for next month!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Battleflag wrote: »
    Just a question about getting the grant for next year, do I have to provide multiple forms to prove I was independent next month?

Multiple forms are better - keep everything

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You're hoping to start a year from now?? Screw the grant, go on the dole for the year if you can, biggest mistake I ever made was paying taxes like a mug before I went back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I won't get the back to education allowance unless I'm made redundant! And I couldn't stick sitting on my arse for a whole year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I won't get the back to education allowance unless I'm made redundant! And I couldn't stick sitting on my arse for a whole year!
    I was in the same situation , i decided to work for the year rather than purposly wasting a year of my life, the more bills etc you have to prove independance the better also if your out renting check out if your registered with the prtb , last year the local grant office made my gf get letter from prtb stating how long she was in her place it was just as well she was registered as they wouldnt proceed with application without it .

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Yup, I'm going to get a letter from the prtb too, got to get everything in order this week so my name appears on bills/letters for the month of October

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Yup, I'm going to get a letter from the prtb too, got to get everything in order this week so my name appears on bills/letters for the month of October
    I cant think of anything else , you will need a p21 next year so maybe register for the revenue online paye service and you will get a p21 within a few days of applying for it next year.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Councillor rang me yesterday. No luck, they said something about me not having three years between courses so parents incme has to come into it? What I don't get is there was over 3 years between when I first left college and came back to do this course, surely they don't mean I would have to leave 3 years between my ordinary degree and honurs degree??

I can't get my head around the sheer lack of logic that's incorporated into the rules regarding grants, I can only assume it's deliberate in ordser to make as many people ineligible as possible.

EDIT: can anyone find the appeal forms on the student finance website? I clicked a link thats supposed to take me to them but its just a blank page.

Advertisement