Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband Cap

• 24-09-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has ever broken the utv bb d/l cap. With 6 days remaining in the month, I have 19500mb clocked up. First time this has happened even though I've been with them for 2 years now....just a case of usage patterns changing and a lot of streaming going on now.

I tried to change the option on the account to pay the additional - but their system says this won't kick in until the next calendar month. Does that mean that I'm going to be without internet before the weekend is out? i.e. Is this very much a rigid limit of 20Gb?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

its very rigid and expensive, im on unlimited now but used to be on limited, i think it was something stupid like 1euro per gig above the limit, it was probably even more expensive than that.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

lmimmfn wrote: »
    its very rigid and expensive, im on unlimited now but used to be on limited, i think it was something stupid like 1euro per gig above the limit, it was probably even more expensive than that.
    Got another mail from them saying a/c suspended. I guess that won't kick in until tomorrow morning. Will be 4 days without service - and can't even pay a bloody penalty and continue with service....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Usually I don't think you get disconnected until you restart the modem. Don't turn it off and see what happens.

MarkR wrote: »
    Usually I don't think you get disconnected until you restart the modem. Don't turn it off and see what happens.
    Ok, thanks. Will hope for the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Got another mail from them saying a/c suspended. I guess that won't kick in until tomorrow morning. Will be 4 days without service - and can't even pay a bloody penalty and continue with service....:rolleyes:
    when I was with UTV i payed 5euro extra a month for the unlimited, u really should go for it if u can't stay within the usage limit for peace of mind. u'll pay way more than that if u go over.

• Advertisement

mark17j wrote: »
    when I was with UTV i payed 5euro extra a month for the unlimited, u really should go for it if u can't stay within the usage limit for peace of mind. u'll pay way more than that if u go over.
    Yes, I guess your right.

Well, I didn't reboot the modem/router - but sure enough, they have killed my i-net access...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Booooo. Hard luck. At least you haven't long left.

MarkR wrote: »
    Booooo. Hard luck. At least you haven't long left.
    Yes, I mailed them and asked them if I could pay a penalty to get it back straight away. It was either pay x cents per additional mb or move to the unlimited package. I think I will sit and wait it out. This is the first time exceeding the limit - so I just need to manage it a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 smedly

i have found recently they are htrottling back at night, i'm on the 6m package and at night it's below 1m

• Advertisement

smedly wrote: »
    i have found recently they are htrottling back at night, i'm on the 6m package and at night it's below 1m
    That's interesting. When I got home late last night - had no internet access at all - was back when I woke up this morning.

My connection seems to be throttled back to hell this month. I can't recall exactly but I think it wasn't so bad at the beginning of the month. I've only got through 12 Gb - so won't be coming anywhere close to the cap. However, anything like streaming video is seriously laboured ...to the point of it being impossible.

Advertisement