Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dresden Any Irish there?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I am making the big move this week. Dresden, Eastern Germany. I know there are 3 Irish pubs all owned by an English man. I am going to fish out off water but I will learn fast I am sure. Any advice would be a gift.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ehcor

Why don't you log onto www.toytowngermany.com and find out. It's a forum for English speaking people in Germany, so lots of us Irish on there.

Good luck in Dresden, I hear it's a great city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

This is what I found. Maybe 50 Irish. Well 51 soon. :)

Expats in Dresden
    There are ca. 1,250 English-speaking Expats in Dresden. This is relatively few when compared to other cities in Germany.

Note that this figure is an estimate only. The exact number is not known. The total population of Dresden is known to be 490,000. And the total number of Expats in Saxony, the state of which Dresden is the capital, is known to be 2,534. By making a generous estimate that half of these live in Dresden, we come up with the estimated total of ca. 1,250.

Breaking this down further according to the distribution throughout the entire state:

Americans - ca. 600
    British - ca. 400
    Canadian, Irish, Australian - ca. 50 each, total ca. 150
    South African - ca. 30
    New Zealander - ca. 15

There are a few more Irish here then expected. Any one looking for info on the place drop me a PM or write here. Having fun so far. Enjoy

Gar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

gar32 wrote: »
    There are a few more Irish here then expected. Any one looking for info on the place drop me a PM or write here. Having fun so far. Enjoy

Gar ;)

Hey Gar,

I sent you a PM there.

Hey Gar,

I sent you a PM there.

So UglyBolloxFace how are you getting on here ?

I hope your enjoying the warmer weather.

What do you think of Dresden so far ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement