Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interpret my line stats please?

• 24-09-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, Just wondering would someone mind casting an eye over my line stats and explaining them to me in noob style language!

I am an eircom customer on their 3mb package. I always received the full 3mb speed but lately it has been gradually decreasing, I now receive 2mb tops. I contacted eircom (though boards.ie) and they said that they are sending the full 3mb but the attainables are only at 2mb. Having tested sync and line no network fault was found. They then go on to say that "as attainables are lower than provisioned speed cap this may be an internal wiring issue / internal connection issue"

They offer to send an engineer but that will incur a cost if a non-eircom fault is found. So I wanted to be sure before I went ahead with this.

My setup is a tad complex as I have a phone socket in every room; the router connected in the office and not the main Eircom socket. I also have a network socket in every with a switch and home network on the go as well.

So below are two sets of line stats. One as is, ie router in the office and all devices connected inc phones, sky box.
    The second is just the router connected to the main eircom socket, all else disconnected.

Can anyone point to potential issues here? major thanks in advance :D

Office – All Devices Connected

Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps)
    MaxRate(kbps)
    NoiseMargin(dB)
    Attenuation(dB)
    Power(dBm)

Main Eircom Socket – Just Router Connected
    Upstream Downstream
    CurrRate(kbps)
    MaxRate(kbps)
    NoiseMargin(dB)
    Attenuation(dB)
    Power(dBm)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Just read yer edit :)
    *snip*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I would be interested in doing a similar test - what are you using to generate your line stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

edanto wrote: »
    I would be interested in doing a similar test - what are you using to generate your line stats?

Just log in to your modem. You should see it on one of the pages.

Advertisement