Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher

Options
  • 24-09-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Do you think he can still sing live?

I'll be blunt, I saw him with Beady Eye at Oxegen and Gallagher's vocals were woeful.

As big an Oasis/Beady Eye fan I am, no he lost his voice after 1997. That is the reality, the BE album also shows signs of autotune in many places especially with songs like Millionaire.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I wouldn't pay to see him sing live in all honesty - but I can see that some might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Who cares he's a twat.

(thought this was ah, modes delete if required)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

His voice is ruined by his singing style. If you look at previous Oasis setlists Noel generally sang songs in groups of two to give Liam a near 10 minutes rest during concerts, also I agree with karokeman about the Beady Eye album having autotune on it and it's pretty obvious on several tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Peaked in 1997, dying since 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

karaokeman wrote: »
    Do you think he can still sing live?

I dont think he can sing.....period. Very limited range IMO and always sounds forced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I think he's excellent and voice was sounding in great form at the start of this year. Beady Eye have had a gruelling touring schedule and it will always take it's toll on a rock singers voice like Liam.

But if you listen to this live recording from earlier this year, he sounds as good as ever.

This video shows the change in his voice for better or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Never thought Liam could sing tbh. Always very nasal, poor range and poorly used. No particularly good technique or "wow" moments when he sang. He was constantly getting throat infections and Noel had to take over in the lead.

But he was important for Oasis's success because he had the frontman swagger and bad-boy attitude that Noel didn't. Noel was always the nicer guy, the better interviewer and the better vocalist, but he couldn't grab headlines like Liam and wouldn't have been an ideal candidate for face on a poster.

Liam from 1994-1997 was immense.

He's done lots of good gigs since but every tour he seems to get more raspy, croaky and out of tune. The bad is sadly outweighing the good when it comes to Liam in a live setting.

He's now known on a few fan sites as 'Kermit'!!!

Advertisement