Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Tights

• 24-09-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I had a pair of Altura Ergofit bib tights which developed a hole on their second outing. This seems to have been a manufacturing defect since I didn't see any reviews indicating they were particularly fragile.

Either way I need new winter tights. Warmth is important, so is windproofing. I'm tempted to buy the Altura Ergofit again. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭moggs1972

i bought the DHB super roubaix tights from wiggle last year and they are great, warm with a windproof fabric on the front at the knee and they fit great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I''m interested in this thread. Anyone know of any water proof ones too? Water repellent would be ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Lashed

Bambaata wrote: »
    Anyone know of any water proof ones too? Water repellent would be ok too.

I don't think there is any such thing as waterproof cycle clothing. No matter what you are wearing you will get wet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Waterproofing is not the important issue - you need to have something that's warm and windproof.

You can spend up to £400, but with those you will probably be too warm in Ireland's climate;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Beasty wrote: »
    Waterproofing is not the important issue - you need to have something that's warm and windproof.

You can spend up to £400, but with those you will probably be too warm in Ireland's climate;)

You should stick that in the bargain alerts :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Have last years DHB and they're great.. Very warm.
    Not sure what this years DHB tights are like (their shorts aren't as good as last year).
    Also have Santini. Not as warm as the DHB but pad is better (would wanna be for double the price)

For the very cold I've a pair I got in Decathlon with a "wind blocker" on the front. Cost about £50 and were made by Biemme.

For the Very very cold... I double up with a second pair

Cold legs generally isn't a problem.. cold jewels is.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You should stick that in the bargain alerts :D
    You're right - you can get 20% off at present. Problem is I have a natural aversion to that thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭moggs1972

Cold legs generally isn't a problem.. cold jewels is.[/QUOTE]

you could always stick a sock (thermal of course) down there to keep the jewels warm just be prepared for amazed looks/pointing fingers if you stop for a coffee!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I''m interested in this thread. Anyone know of any water proof ones too? Water repellent would be ok too.
    Santini h2o are rain repellent for light showers but no more, but the one thing i ll say is that they are incredibly warm so even if you re bit wet at least you ll be warm. i find them miles better than my regular santini's

Advertisement