Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting NAT type 1

• 24-09-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Well heres the story,

Have been having problems with my playstation internet connection since I enabled the ethernet connection. For example in COD: Black Ops in mid-game it leaves it itself and on screen it says you have been signed out of the playstation network, when in fact I haven't. I have a NAT type 3 and my friends are saying thats the problem. They said to google it along with my router name which is Netopia Cayman 3300 series. I've been doing some research and tried port forwarding and stuff but to no avail. I don't know how to fix this problem really and its kind of ruining my gaming time. I'm just presuming its NAT type though It could be something completely different.

Help please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

I followed this, worked perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 9 minipaperclip

1 problem with this, I'm with Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Can you put imagine details in place of the eircom ones?

Sorry, I'm by no means an expert :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Put 'Broadband1' in both sections off the PPOE part, I'm with Eircom and it worked for me, someone I know on UPC I think tried it and it worked for them too.

ok I'll try that know I'll let ye know how I get on

• Advertisement

the broadband1 for the pppoe ain't working any other ideas before I e-mail Imagine as it says to do on the playstation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You may just have to call them - explain what you are looking for and ask for your account details.
    These could be (I am not sure) your username and password for Imagine; I think basically whatever is coded into your router...

Will try it myself later on - am with Magnet - so think I might have to give them a call too.

Thanks for this video though :)

I'll give Imagine a ring too. I'll post how I get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

I'll give Imagine a ring too. I'll post how I get on.

how did you get on mate? i have the same problem as you.im with imagine and have nat type 3 and only really play fifa and tiger woods online. last while im findin it really hard to match up when searching for opponents. a while back on fifa my firewall restriction went from moderate to restrictive without me doing anything to the settings. would like to get to nat type 1 as well because isnt this supose to be the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Ive a Nat type 3 and ive no problems at all playing COD Black Ops online, but then again im with eircom not imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Log into the router and and put whatever your ps3's IP address is in the DMZ setting and it should work, i had wimax but the router came with open nat type 2 as standard. So im sure they'd have no trouble changing it if you rang them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Taltos wrote: »
    You may just have to call them - explain what you are looking for and ask for your account details.
    These could be (I am not sure) your username and password for Imagine; I think basically whatever is coded into your router...

Will try it myself later on - am with Magnet - so think I might have to give them a call too.

Thanks for this video though :)

Well this did not work for me unfortunately.
    Rang Magnet and my assumptions about username/password were correct. However my speed is so low that even NAT1 will not make a huge difference for me. Instead will stick with port forwarding and a static IP for NAT2.

Thanks though - glad I tried this.

Advertisement