Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Cynergy Black ice

Options
  • 24-09-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I have seen one of these shotguns by a dealer once and thought they were a really nice shotgun. I'm just wondering has anyone on here have one and how they rate them? Bcos they have a syntheic stock some say they have no great balance in the gun and not great with heavy loads, I was considering getin one of these in the next year or so in a sporter with 30" barrels and is it possible to get them in a left handed stock? All info and advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

Anyone with some info??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ace86 wrote: »
    Anyone with some info??????

AFAIK Browning are R/H only in all Semi Shotguns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

AFAIK Browning are R/H only in all Semi Shotguns.

Ok but the OP is looking at an under and over not a semi! Google didn't work this time for you :rolleyes:

I have been doing some research on Browning's myself as I am considering getting a trap gun next year.

The cynergy range is a lovely range and offer many different types of models.
    I found this article on the Black Ice

From the Browning website it seems to be this gun just it doesn't have ported barrels.

Any reviews I have found were good like this one on the cynergy range.

I think with this model they are supposed to come with two adjustable combs which would allow you to change if you were right or left handed.
    Catalogue pg 78 has information on the black ice model.

Also at the clay ground that I am shoot at a guy there has a browning sporter and has 20000-25000 gone through her in less than a year and said he has had no problems with it. It isn't a cynergy but if that many are gone through it there mustn't be much wrong with the build quality of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

The Cynergy cannot be compared with the 525 / ultra Brownings. They are a much shallower action and not the standard browning lock-work. I have handled a few of them but only fired the one. To be honest I didn't like it. Whereas there was a lovely swing to the gun for sporting targets the overall feel just wasn't for me. I found the adjustable comb weird on and catching on my grip when I fired it. It was a 32" black ice and it felt cheap. There was no comparison between it and my own ultra XTR. look about any ICPSA shoots and you won't see many cynergys. They just never took off. The guy who owned the one I shot only held onto it for a small while. Got rid of it very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I know a fella with a left handed synergy with a synthetic stock. Lovely gun, and nice to use. But if it was me I would prefer to go with the wood. Feels heavier and look nicer.
    But that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

thanks for the help lads i'm looking at the cynergy for game shooting more then clays but i'm after the sporter has you have the best of both worlds.I am looking for the syntheic stock bcos i do a lot of rough shooting, and i hope to do some shooting over crops with a few mates someday and with timber it gets easily marked were as the syntheic would probably be better as I have a gun already like this.

Advertisement