Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No hours at work..help!

Options
  • 24-09-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

So i got my hours for the coming week to find out that i have NONE. Im on a full-time contract and i realise that businesses are slow during the month of september but to have zero, zilch, nada hours is actually ridiculous. They couldve at least gave me 15hours or something or at least chopped everyone elses hours so we all jad equal hours but no, im the only one who has no hours. Even the part-timers and weekend staff have hours.

WTF should i do? I definitely have to say something, right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Bens

If everyone else is getting work and you arent, they might be trying to tell you something.
    Time to start looking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Bens wrote: »
    If everyone else is getting work and you arent, they might be trying to tell you something.
    Time to start looking around.

I only started a few weeks ago but i know i havent done anything wrong and i work very hard. The only thing i can think of is tht i asked for 2 days off last week, which i got, maybe there punishing me? Even so, that cant be right as im entitled to 2days off anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What did your manager say when you asked him/her about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I havent mentioned anything to her about it yet, waiting to speak to my mum who is great at work related things to give me advice about the situation. When my manager informed me that I had no hours she just said that business is gone quiet. To be honest I wouldve been fine if everyone elses hours had been cut, but everyone else seems to be getting the exact same hours as they were always getting. Just doesn't seem to be right.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

How can you be on a 'full-time' contract and not have any hours. Surely the contract means you have to have a minimal amount of hours?

• Advertisement
Advertisement