Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs around limerick?

Options
  • 24-09-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Anybody know any places that are hiring or looking for any part time work around Limerick? Or where to even start looking? Im really to struggle to find anything ..there is nothing on the ulsu page and its rare enough that part time jobs or jobs suitable for college students are advertised online!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

Anybody know any places that are hiring or looking for any part time work around Limerick? Or where to even start looking? Im really to struggle to find anything ..there is nothing on the ulsu page and its rare enough that part time jobs or jobs suitable for college students are advertised online!

I've been looking for the past month, no luck. Right before Christmas will be better, a lot of shops have told me they always hire more staff around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

lifestyle sports at childers rd. shopping centre are hiring

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Go to the Limerick forum and follow the 'need a job?' thread, always being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Hi guys, sorry to pull this thread up but didn't want to start a new one.

Anyone heard of CMS Acquisitions? They're an outsourcing company based in George's Quay. It seems like they're have constantly been putting positions up on jobs.ie in the last couple of weeks, applied for a couple of roles but haven't heard anything back from them. Just wondering what their story is, not getting much info on them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Arse Biscuits!

gg2 wrote: »
    Hi guys, sorry to pull this thread up but didn't want to start a new one.

Anyone heard of CMS Acquisitions? They're an outsourcing company based in George's Quay. It seems like they're have constantly been putting positions up on jobs.ie in the last couple of weeks, applied for a couple of roles but haven't heard anything back from them. Just wondering what their story is, not getting much info on them online.

What exactly is it they do? I was thinking of applying too but if they're similar to those total fundraising ones where its door to door work then I dont want to apply for fear of gettin it...

• Advertisement

What exactly is it they do? I was thinking of applying too but if they're similar to those total fundraising ones where its door to door work then I dont want to apply for fear of gettin it...

I honestly can't figure it out. No mention of door to door selling in their jobs spec or on their website, but sure they could easily wait and hit you with that at interview stage. To be honest my head is fried applying for jobs, I don't know what I could be reading at this stage!

gg2 wrote: »
    I honestly can't figure it out. No mention of door to door selling in their jobs spec or on their website, but sure they could easily wait and hit you with that at interview stage. To be honest my head is fried applying for jobs, I don't know what I could be reading at this stage!

I know :( I'm gonna start applying myself in about a week or two, if its anything like last year the jobs wont start coming out until around March/April and even then you'd be very lucky to get one, it's impossible even to become a waiter without even 2 years experience now.

I know :( I'm gonna start applying myself in about a week or two, if its anything like last year the jobs wont start coming out until around March/April and even then you'd be very lucky to get one, it's impossible even to become a waiter without even 2 years experience now.

I actually applied for one on Sunday night, got an email and a phonecall yesterday from a lady a the company, seemed very keen, I was actually sick with nerves because I thought- THIS IS IT!!! Then re read her email and realised the job was for their division in Dublin.
    Unfortunately that is just not an option for me right now and I would rather hold out in the hope something is going to come up here. Soul destroyed!! Felt like such an idiot- had to explain all to her. In fairness she was lovely and told me she would forward my CV onto limerick. Positive thoughts ;);)

Any idea what they do yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gorgossium

I applied for CMS Acquisitions on jobs.ie when I was applying for everything that I liked the look of a few weeks ago, and they've just called me looking for me to come in for an interview. They're going to call again tomorrow, I think, and I'll ask to tell me a bit more about the job. If it's door-to-door, I'm not doing it. I spent a week with a direct marketing company (last week, in fact) doing door-to-door on commission only, and it was great being in the office having a laugh, but once out on the field, I realised that it just wasn't for me. The hours are too long and it's a lot of work and walking and fake-smiles for no guaranteed pay at the end of the week.
    Anyway, when I find out a bit more about what the job actually is, I'll come back and comment again.

• Advertisement

It is door to door, gg2 pm'd me and told me :/ I managed to pick up a job as a waiter thanks be to god

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Yesladmap2k11

It is door to door, gg2 pm'd me and told me :/ I managed to pick up a job as a waiter thanks be to god

**READ ITS LONG BUT IT TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW***

About CMS ACQUISITIONS ltd

Search direct sales,scam,pop up company limerick city, Pery square, mkm direct, George's quay, George's quay house, commission only, d2d, long hours, dole,

It's d2d sales, commission only, no travel expenses, . Complete SCAM!!
    Your making sales for the company if your not doing enough sales aka(not making them enough money) they give out to you and fill you with bs*** that you won't be successful otherwise!
    For every sales you make50% goes to the office aka Joe Clarke's pocket!
    This guy doesn't even go on doors ever!!!!
    Don't think he has ever been on a door!!

The company is reg in uk for some reason. It's a sister company of mkm direct, which has some interesting reviews on this site and many more.
    It's under the infamous company of Perdm group. Which have no good comments

Commission only is one thing but the pay is sh**e! It's like €14 a sale for the hours you put in its not worth it!!
    Your working on behalf of airtricity which has a terrible name. So your bound to get abuse!

You start at 10.30am for 'training' aka brain washing!!!
    (If your late they give out to you, but your not employed so they shouldn't)
    Then 12.30 you go to the field after a meeting where the manager JC harps on about the crap day the day before! That doesn't get you interested to go and work hard in the rain and cold!

You could travel 1hr most days,(at your own expense and vehicle)

Then you don't finish till 8pm and if there isn't enough sales done you stay out later than 8.30pm

So an average day consists of 10.30AM TO 8.30PM

But oh wait it gets better!!

Then you have to go back to the 'office' ( which is a dive, so bare and doesn't look like there staying long)
    For a daily breakdown aka telling you where you done sh**.
    Even if you had a great day they'll never compliment you unless your in there circle!!

So by the time that's all done

It's 9PM TO 9.30

Often later!!!!

YES THIS TRUE I WORKED THERE FOR 2weeks!!!
    Never told them I had previous sales exp just to see what type of training they done! It's terrible training, the manager is looking for a quick buck just like Sean Sheehan aka 'ladder' on boards.ie

So you start at 10.30AM TO 9.30PM

that 11 hrs a day X 5 days = 66 hrs
    Oh don't forget Saturdays are a must too. 11AM to 6PM

66hrs + 6= 72hrs a week where you might only walk out with €100

But most ppl in there are on the dole.

i was told even the receptionist is on the dole. (She's a bi*ch by the way)
    She's sleeping with the business owner JC. But also slept with the last Business owner too, chris, who took me on a 'interview'

More than likely Joe Clark is on the thing too, he's that hungry for money. He won't promote anyone as he won't make money off you anymore then!!

He owns a company and drives a YARIS!!! Not a sl500 which he had told ppl.. Yes ppl it's a YARIS!!! Old one too.

Sales is a good industry ( not for me anymore) but it can be good if you find a decent above board company to work with

CMS ACQUISITIONS LTD IS NOT THAT!!!!!!!

Try sales sense of any of the big companies.
    Doing good clients like eircom, Vodafone, energia, UPC etc.

Easier sell
    Basic salary of 19+
    + COMM
    CAR
    FUEL CARD
    EXPENSES PAID!

Sorry for long comment, just had to warn you ppl about this company which should be illegal. Jobs.ie should be ashamed!

Thanks for reading :) enjoy

**READ ITS LONG BUT IT TELLS YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW***

About CMS ACQUISITIONS ltd

Search direct sales,scam,pop up company limerick city, Pery square, mkm direct, George's quay, George's quay house, commission only, d2d, long hours, dole,

It's d2d sales, commission only, no travel expenses, . Complete SCAM!!
    Your making sales for the company if your not doing enough sales aka(not making them enough money) they give out to you and fill you with bs*** that you won't be successful otherwise!
    For every sales you make50% goes to the office aka Joe Clarke's pocket!
    This guy doesn't even go on doors ever!!!!
    Don't think he has ever been on a door!!

The company is reg in uk for some reason. It's a sister company of mkm direct, which has some interesting reviews on this site and many more.
    It's under the infamous company of Perdm group. Which have no good comments

Commission only is one thing but the pay is sh**e! It's like €14 a sale for the hours you put in its not worth it!!
    Your working on behalf of airtricity which has a terrible name. So your bound to get abuse!

You start at 10.30am for 'training' aka brain washing!!!
    (If your late they give out to you, but your not employed so they shouldn't)
    Then 12.30 you go to the field after a meeting where the manager JC harps on about the crap day the day before! That doesn't get you interested to go and work hard in the rain and cold!

You could travel 1hr most days,(at your own expense and vehicle)

Then you don't finish till 8pm and if there isn't enough sales done you stay out later than 8.30pm

So an average day consists of 10.30AM TO 8.30PM

But oh wait it gets better!!

Then you have to go back to the 'office' ( which is a dive, so bare and doesn't look like there staying long)
    For a daily breakdown aka telling you where you done sh**.
    Even if you had a great day they'll never compliment you unless your in there circle!!

So by the time that's all done

It's 9PM TO 9.30

Often later!!!!

YES THIS TRUE I WORKED THERE FOR 2weeks!!!
    Never told them I had previous sales exp just to see what type of training they done! It's terrible training, the manager is looking for a quick buck just like Sean Sheehan aka 'ladder' on boards.ie

So you start at 10.30AM TO 9.30PM

that 11 hrs a day X 5 days = 66 hrs
    Oh don't forget Saturdays are a must too. 11AM to 6PM

66hrs + 6= 72hrs a week where you might only walk out with €100

But most ppl in there are on the dole.

i was told even the receptionist is on the dole. (She's a bi*ch by the way)
    She's sleeping with the business owner JC. But also slept with the last Business owner too, chris, who took me on a 'interview'

More than likely Joe Clark is on the thing too, he's that hungry for money. He won't promote anyone as he won't make money off you anymore then!!

He owns a company and drives a YARIS!!! Not a sl500 which he had told ppl.. Yes ppl it's a YARIS!!! Old one too.

Sales is a good industry ( not for me anymore) but it can be good if you find a decent above board company to work with

CMS ACQUISITIONS LTD IS NOT THAT!!!!!!!

Try sales sense of any of the big companies.
    Doing good clients like eircom, Vodafone, energia, UPC etc.

Easier sell
    Basic salary of 19+
    + COMM
    CAR
    FUEL CARD
    EXPENSES PAID!

Sorry for long comment, just had to warn you ppl about this company which should be illegal. Jobs.ie should be ashamed!

Thanks for reading :) enjoy

Jobs.ie is f*cking terrible for those kinda jobs. I worked with total fundraising in Perry square for two and a half months. It's similar to what you're saying but they treat you a lot better. I was promoted, still went on doors but was promoted. You got a company car, fuel expenses card & the manager in Limerick was lovely. One from Dublin was a freak though. I was coming out of there with on average 600 a week for Mon-Fri 11am - 10/11pm, made approx €6000 in two and a half months so money was good, just very stressful job. I wouldn't go back if you paid me though, you lie a lot and it kills a little bit of your soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gorgossium

Yeah they rang me again and I asked if it's commission only, she told me "Yes, for the first 2 stages", meaning "when you get up to a consistent sales average and have trained up some people yourself you might get a basic wage", but if commission is that low per sale that's awful, so not worth it. Sometime you could be driving more than an hour, a friend of mine was doing a week in Mallow, from a place based in Limerick. Crazy stuff.
    I'm on jobs.ie again now, looking for anything at all and all I can see is direct marketing, loads and loads of places in Limerick, and they're always hiring because not many people last long. They fill your head with sh*t in the interview and once you get a taste of what it actually entails and decide it's not for you they try to squeeze a reason for quitting out of you. Never ever doing door to door again.

Gorgossium wrote: »
    Yeah they rang me again and I asked if it's commission only, she told me "Yes, for the first 2 stages", meaning "when you get up to a consistent sales average and have trained up some people yourself you might get a basic wage", but if commission is that low per sale that's awful, so not worth it. Sometime you could be driving more than an hour, a friend of mine was doing a week in Mallow, from a place based in Limerick. Crazy stuff.
    I'm on jobs.ie again now, looking for anything at all and all I can see is direct marketing, loads and loads of places in Limerick, and they're always hiring because not many people last long. They fill your head with sh*t in the interview and once you get a taste of what it actually entails and decide it's not for you they try to squeeze a reason for quitting out of you. Never ever doing door to door again.

Ha after the second stage it's still 100% commission

But you get extra money, that's it. But no one has made it too assistant manager since Joe Clarke took over. He's too greedy to lose money. Some ppl are there over a yr and still not promoted, feeding into false promises!!!!

On average he makes €15 per sales each rep makes!!

Just an example

15 sales a week X 50 working weeks
    That's 750 sales

750 sales X €15 = €11,250

So he makes over 10k per rep

And he still doesn't promote them!!!!

SCAM ARTIST!!!!!

Stay clear of CMS ACQUISITIONS

It's a scam , better sales companies out there with more realistic targets and promotions

Work for them instead

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JenEffy

Hi, I had an interview with CMS Acquisitions in Limerick the other day. Joe Clark seemed grand; he was really nice and the interview was easy. I've to go back into them tomorrow but I guess I'll ring them first to find out about the specifics... I'm not doing door-to-door. If that's what the job is they're really misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I don't think many of you realise how tough some of those direct sales jobs are. I did one last year and don't think I'd consciously do one again. Really don't have it in me. The money might be great but is it worth it?

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I don't think many of you realise how tough some of those direct sales jobs are. I did one last year and don't think I'd consciously do one again. Really don't have it in me. The money might be great but is it worth it?

The simple answer: No. Unless you are tremendously stuck, or have no self-respect then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The simple answer: No. Unless you are tremendously stuck, or have no self-respect then no.

Its worth it if you can sell. Ive made hundreds of thousands selling door to door.

TO really make the big money, you must have loads of charm and charisma. Most people do not possess those qualities in abundance, so they struggle.

Sales is what make the world go round, without sales, capitalism wouldnt exist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement