Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

project maths question LC ord 2010

• 24-09-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi I am doing revision for my leaving cert and I was looking at question 9b in paper two for ordinary level maths 2010. Is there a misprint in this question a(ii) If = !AD! = !BD! , find !BC!. I cant see how they get the answer as they are taking about a parallelogram and from what I remember opposite sides in a parallelogram are equal. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

The marking schemes for Leaving Cert papers are available on the Exams Commission's website, and include solutions. The marking schem for this paper is here:
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2010/LC003GLP030EV.pdf

See page 57.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 help_me1

Hi yes, I looked at the solutions, but they introduce a point E which bisects the base DC its just not mentioned in the question??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

help_me1 wrote: »
    Hi yes, I looked at the solutions, but they introduce a point E which bisects the base DC its just not mentioned in the question??
    It's because of the statement they gave you. If those two sides are equal then bd=Bc (parallelogram). That makes the triangle bcd isosceles and a perpendicular dropped will bisect the bitten of it. On the iPhone switching between the PDF and safari so hope that clear, if not ask away and I'll see can I explain more

• Registered Users Posts: 16 help_me1

Hi, no I get it now, thanks very much for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Lol only realised now that the predict text corrected 'bottom' to 'bitten' oops!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement