Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new anchor store for dunlaoghaire shopping centre??

Options
  • 25-09-2011 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

who do you think itll be? any rumours? im hoping for some kind of supermarket, as im about to move in down the road... do dunnes still have that food shop squashed in on patrick street or wherever? maybe theyd want it. or m&s, as theres access to the carpark. but id prefer dunnes to m&s, and theyd probably be into the car access too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Nah Dunnes Foodstore has been closed a while now, Bloomfields (Tesco) is the only supermarket local

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

I'm kinda hoping that Iceland or Aldi move in as neither appear to have a branch at all in the borough (DLRCC, that is). I think LIDL and Dunnes already have enough branches in DLRCC. I know that Iceland used to have a branch at the Bloomfields end of Dun Laoghaire but I think if one were to be established in Dun Laoghaire Shopping Center, it would balance out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ALDI are opening in the beacon. ASFAIK thats in DLRCOCO area.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

They're takin' their time....whoever it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

ted1 wrote: »
    ALDI are opening in the beacon. ASFAIK thats in DLRCOCO area.

Yep shop nearly ready, saw signs at the weekend

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Opening on October 20th I'm told

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

amyk777 wrote: »
    who do you think itll be? any rumours? im hoping for some kind of supermarket, as im about to move in down the road... do dunnes still have that food shop squashed in on patrick street or wherever? maybe theyd want it. or m&s, as theres access to the carpark. but id prefer dunnes to m&s, and theyd probably be into the car access too.
    latest rumour is that super valu are going in.few hiccups with the lease is delaying them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd love to see that Tiger shop get a bigger premises, it's got some great stock, like a poor man's Ikea

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I'd love to see that Tiger shop get a bigger premises, it's got some great stock, like a poor man's Ikea
    was only in there yesterday,have to say stuff in it is brill.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Some really cool stuff in Tiger but mostly its just tack and clutter that you will end up throwing in the bin in 3months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

walked past the old Tesco on Friday. Its boarded up with super value Signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

It will be so nice to have a store other than Tesco to shop at, but I know nothing about Supervalu, how do they differ? High end, low end, different selection? Anyone know the store able to say what it's like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yep, it's Super Valu, saw the signs today in an otherwise deserted shopping centre. I'd say the butchers next door will be delighted to have a higher footfall again! Hopefully there's some good opening offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

crushproof wrote: »
    I'd say the butchers next door will be delighted to have a higher footfall again!
    +1, Mick Doyles it is, has some good deals going but sort of stranded down there.

Off topic a bit but lidl in deansgrange have some sort of building going on inside the shop, looks to me like it could be an instore bakery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

rubadub wrote: »
    +1, Mick Doyles it is, has some good deals going but sort of stranded down there.

Off topic a bit but lidl in deansgrange have some sort of building going on inside the shop, looks to me like it could be an instore bakery.

Most Lidl's have instore bakeries now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I was in Dun Laoghaire SC for the first time in ages and I thought it was looking better.

As it was my birthday, we decided to "Treat our feet" which was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭zyndacyclone

I thought about getting my mum one of those fish pedicures for her birthday, but at 82 her feet are so crusty that they'd need at least a small shark.

Advertisement