Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb Shank

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

This is probably a stupid question.

I bought a 1.2kg lamb shank and am planning to slow cook it. I don't really like Lamb so I've never bought it before. Would this be enough for three people as I've looked at some recipe and its seems that it is one shank per person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That sounds more like half a leg to me. Shanks are generally enough for one person. What you have there would feed three people alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Thanks, I just don't know lamb cuts at all. And really it'll be 2 and half people as I won't be eating that much of it.

Looking at it really I should've known as its much bigger than what shanks seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

One shank is normally enough for per person. Did you buy yours in Superquinn recently? I saw them flogging what they called shanks but looked more like 1/2 leg of lamb. They were huge!

Yes it was from superquinn I actually thought it said leg of lamb untill I got home. Ah well it's in the oven now whatever it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Often called shank end half leg (as opposed to fillet end).

• Advertisement

Well just to finish this story...

I roasted what ever cut it was for 3 hours in lemon, olive oil, rosemary, and garlic and it was apparently very nice...still tasted too much like lamb for me.

Advertisement