Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub raising drink prices

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

I was out last night and the club we were in kept raising the price of drinks, checked our receipts everytime and the round was going up 10 cent a drink per drink. Is this still allowed, given the fact we had to pay in I've a sneaky feeling it may be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

in nightclubs they can do whatever they want because everyone is too drunk to notice.

Seriously, I don't think there is any issue once the price is displayed somewhere. Which is an interesting point, do they display updated price each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

That's what I was thinking. From my understanding if the price goes up (say after 11) you have to show the prices before and after 11. Last night though the price just kept going up 10 cent every time. After about 5 drinks I stopped noticing the increase. They'd need to have the place wallpapered in pricelists.

A few late bars I've been to do this also, but they do have signs up warning about it - the explanation I was given is that it's to help pay for the late opening license. Not sure if the same applies to nightclubs.

Advertisement