Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby world cup entrance music

Options
  • 25-09-2011 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know who composed this and where I can download this tune. Epic sounding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I take it you mean World in Union. Wikipedia has information on composition and the different versions from the last world cups. Can't go posting download links though, but it is indeed epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont think its World in Union, i think he means the music when they walk out on the pitch and there is a Maori guy blowing a horn. It is pretty awesome. I cant help you though :(

World in Union is fantastic as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭leon76

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I take it you mean World in Union. Wikipedia has information on composition and the different versions from the last world cups. Can't go posting download links though, but it is indeed epic.

Hi, I found it. It was actually used for the 2007 Rugby world cup too!! Here is a link

http://youtu.be/CZeTfhRAagY

epic stuff

Industrial Revolution - Part 2 by Jean Michel Jarre:)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭leon76

I dont think its World in Union, i think he means the music when they walk out on the pitch and there is a Maori guy blowing a horn. It is pretty awesome. I cant help you though :(

Hi, I found it. It was actually used for the 2007 Rugby world cup too!! Here is a link

http://youtu.be/CZeTfhRAagY

epic stuff

Industrial Revolution - Part 2 by Jean Michel Jarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

world in union has been used since the 1991 world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

leon76 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know who composed this and where I can download this tune. Epic sounding.

Gustav Holst composed it. It is from the Planets Suite and it is the planet Jupiter.

Someone obviously wrote lyrics for it but the underlying music is Holst.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ykJiyp0mU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Think this is the one your talking about. I've been looking for a decent version but can't find I. anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nomull27

Its called "I Vow to Thee My Country"
    A patriotic British song written at the end of WWI.
    Played a Princess Diana's wedding and I think her funeral too.

Advertisement