Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd WHV - what to submit with application

Options
  • 25-09-2011 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hello,

I am currently in the midst of my rural farm work for my 2nd year visa. Almost there...

Can anyone tell me from experience what you need to submit? I am doing it legitimately, will have had two employers. I plan send in form 1263 along with an employer reference. I am wwoofing though which means no payslips. Should I submit anything else? My work is valid by postcode, hours and type of work im 99.99% sure.

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for the process. I finish at the end of October and my visa expires start of December.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Mate your best bet is to do it online, it's dead easy. All you need to do is fill in the dates you worked from, the ABN and pay. Handy.

You'll only have to send through documents if (like me) you get investigated. Then you'll have to send in, payslips, bank statements, that sign in form, a reference (if you have no payslips) and so on. It's a bit of a pain.

If you don't get investigated, i have known people who got granted their 2nd year the next day, so it can be very quick.

If you get investigated, it can take up to 6 weeks i think. I applied in mid october and only got granted mine towrds the end of November! So it's really hit and miss...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Mate your best bet is to do it online, it's dead easy. All you need to do is fill in the dates you worked from, the ABN and pay. Handy.

You'll only have to send through documents if (like me) you get investigated. Then you'll have to send in, payslips, bank statements, that sign in form, a reference (if you have no payslips) and so on. It's a bit of a pain.

If you don't get investigated, i have known people who got granted their 2nd year the next day, so it can be very quick.

If you get investigated, it can take up to 6 weeks i think. I applied in mid october and only got granted mine towrds the end of November! So it's really hit and miss...

I'm applying for mine this week, my visa is up at the start of November so really hope I don't get investigated. I have payslips from 2 farmers and a reference from the other. Should that be enough to convince them to grant me the visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    I'm applying for mine this week, my visa is up at the start of November so really hope I don't get investigated. I have payslips from 2 farmers and a reference from the other. Should that be enough to convince them to grant me the visa?

On the two bolded points,
    It doesn't matter when your visa is up, you only need to lodge it before then. If it expires before a decision is made you'll get a bridging visa.

You don't need to convince them, if you did the work then you'll be fine. They check out the farmer, give him a ring etc. If you did the work you have zero to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

Mellor wrote: »
    On the two bolded points,
    It doesn't matter when your visa is up, you only need to lodge it before then. If it expires before a decision is made you'll get a bridging visa.

You don't need to convince them, if you did the work then you'll be fine. They check out the farmer, give him a ring etc. If you did the work you have zero to worry about

Hit the nail on the head.

I applied for mine yesterday afternoon. The waiting game is well under way. Hopefully I'll hear something asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

Thanks for the responses. Will just make sure i get those references and take some photos ATM receipts etc. Mellor have you a written reference or are you sending in emailed ones.
    Rebel Boy let us know how you get on if you get investigated etc.

Best of luck to both of you

Well guys. I applied for my visa on 26th of September, they emailed me on 28th September asking for further evidence which I sent on and I haven't heard back since. Is it meant 2 take this long. Its really recking my head. Just want to know if I'vve been granted it or not. I sent on my 1263 form and payslips etc. 21days will be nxt Wednesday coming. Hopefully I will have learnt my faith by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mine took about 3 weeks.

Mellor wrote: »
    Mine took about 3 weeks.

Oh thats cool. I'm just quite anxious to know. A few mates got there's with in 2-3 days. Just wondered if it was meant to take this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

Just an update for anyone in same boat:

Got my 2nd WHV after 10 days. Had to send in paper application as I was doing WOOOFing and had no money going into account.

All good, sent in reference letter and bank statements showing ATM withdrawals. Only strange thing was they asked me to get a chest xray, for tuberculosis i expect. hundred bucks but sent on to them and all good 3 days later.

They were actually quite friendly and helpful in the callcentre too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

I did WWOOFing aswell. Applied for my visa on monday evening and it was granted wednesday evening. Just 2 days it took. I applied online and used the attachment facility at the end of the application to attach my form 1263 and about 20-25 receipts and bus tickets over the 3 months. The more you provide them with the less chance of being investigated I reckon. Not that there was anything to worry about at my end as I did the work, but having said that it is nice to have the visa granted with minimal fuss.

I'm going home for a holiday next July/August so I have all my receipts saved in my hotmail, and I'll have it printed out for when I re-enter the country so I don't get grilled and asked stupid questions, like what were the names and breeds of the dogs on each of the farms! :)

Advertisement