Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting farmland

• 25-09-2011 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Any ideas on how much I could expect to get per acre for farmland, half grazing half silage, no maps or entitlements, very well fenced and newly reseeded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

150 to 200 euro, If you cant afford to pay a rent like that you shouldnt be farming. Why no maps? it a joke land is allowed to be rented with no maps especially for nitrates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

without maps it takes away a share of the value so dont expect to get top dollar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

without maps it takes away a share of the value so dont expect to get top dollar.

Without maps techicnally you cant rent land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

150 to 200 euro, If you cant afford to pay a rent like that you shouldnt be farming.
    Explain that statement better. Are you saying that if you cannot make profit after €200/acre that you aren't fit to farm?

Without maps techicnally you cant rent land
    but in reality happens a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

150 to 200 euro,

Not too many beef farmers making that sort of money per acre at the moment.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

blue5000 wrote: »
    Not too many beef farmers making that sort of money per acre at the moment.

they never did

i would happily pay 200-250 with maps of course. on direct debit monthly

Explain that statement better. Are you saying that if you cannot make profit after €200/acre that you aren't fit to farm?

Yes if you cant make enough to cover €150ish an acre you shouldnt be at the game. Maybe €200 an acre is stretching it a little. Ton of wheat is always the fairest rent for decent land. and todays value is something around €160. thankfully my rents are lower than this so I have a margin to either be more profitable our be more wasteful:D. It doesnt even give the owner 1.5% return on investment of land making €8000 an acre. Sorry my price would include maps just used for nitrates not SFP slipper farming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Depends on your area, and farmer optimisim next spring, but €150 sounds about right to me.

but who knows, if you put it with an agent who has demand in your area you might get twice that, sometimes lads are mad for land, the more the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Eleganza

What is the perceived wisdom with regard to paying for or receiving payment for rented land? direct debit monthly. one payment in december?

• Advertisement

half first of May and half first of September was always the way it was/is around here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Either all in Jan or half in Jan half in June round here

Have never heard of land rent being paid monthly by Direct Debit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

we have three tenants.

one is 100% in may.

one 50% in may, 50% in july

one 40% in may 40% in july 20% in september (not 100% sure on the breakdown)

I'd really like to get them all to one payment, but to be honest if they make their payments when agreed then it really doesnt matter much, it can be planned around.

theres some dodgy guys out there.if in doubt get money up front:pac::pac:

Advertisement