Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting ranges

Options
  • 25-09-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi lads, im wondering if there are any shooting ranges in the Wexford area or surrounding areas that I could pay in for a day and do some target shooting? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭marksman9999

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Thanks lad Ill check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Alan 1990 wrote: »
    Hi lads, im wondering if there are any shooting ranges in the Wexford area or surrounding areas that I could pay in for a day and do some target shooting? Thanks

Law states no day membership allowed , you have to be a fully paid up permanent club member to use the club's facilities

Savage93 wrote: »

Law states no day membership allowed , you have to be a fully paid up permanent club member to use the club's facilities

Hill top facilitate non-members. Im waiting for an email back with more info, price etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

if you are willing to travel courtlough do it. i know from experience as i bought family members vouchers to shoot .22 rifle. not sure if they still do it but they did last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Hill top facilitate non-members. Im waiting for an email back with more info, price etc.

You might not get a reply until tomorrow because the club isn't open today, give Pat a call, mobiles on website there.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

See Firearms (authorisation of pistol and rifle shooting ranges) Regulations 2009

Page 8 sections L & M. no day memberships, a club or range can hold no more than 10 open days.

juice1304 wrote: »
    if you are willing to travel courtlough do it. i know from experience as i bought family members vouchers to shoot .22 rifle. not sure if they still do it but they did last year.

Yeah Id be willing to travel I heard great things about that place. Would you know if your able to take your own rifle as opposed to renting there?

Blay wrote: »

You might not get a reply until tomorrow because the club isn't open today, give Pat a call, mobiles on website there.

Cheers lad I didnt realise it wasnt open. Il give him a call. Thanks

Savage93 wrote: »

See Firearms (authorisation of pistol and rifle shooting ranges) Regulations 2009

Page 8 sections L & M. no day memberships, a club or range can hold no more than 10 open days.

I dont know lad, there are clubs out there that facilitate non-members Im Sure they are authorised to do so. Its pricey but well worth it. Cheers.
    P.s sorry mods I really need to learn how to multi-quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I dont know lad, there are clubs out there that facilitate non-members Im Sure they are authorised to do so. Its pricey but well worth it. Cheers.
    They're only allowed to do it for clay pigeon shooting - any club doing day memberships or allowing non-members to shoot rifles or pistols would wind up in hot water sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭kfod

would that be even with your own rifle Sparks, or just if you want to rent a rifle / pistol?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

No, there's an exemption for people attending "events organised by the club" (meaning open matches, training courses, and so on).

They're only allowed to do it for clay pigeon shooting - any club doing day memberships or allowing non-members to shoot rifles or pistols would wind up in hot water sooner or later.

Ok thanks sparks, was worth a shot. If I get the funds ill just join a club I think. Thanks lads for the info.

Advertisement