Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LT 2.0

• 25-09-2011 1:10pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

[2011-09-25 02:52AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> Successful testing of LT 2.0 with new LT-MAX feature for DVD R DL. XGD3 ixtreme isos playing fine from DVD R DL disc and/or install to HD
    [2011-09-25 02:57AM UTC] #c4e <EnigmaFX> does this Mean we can use or regular dual layer media / burners and layer break 1913760? Or has that changed ?
    [2011-09-25 02:58AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> regular DL media, yes!
    [2011-09-25 02:59AM UTC] #c4e <supakilla> c4eva is the layer break still the same
    [2011-09-25 03:00AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> more details soon!
    [2011-09-25 03:01AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> normal blanks, normal burner!
    [2011-09-25 03:03AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> XGD3=defeated! :)
    [2011-09-25 03:59AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> LT Max=Maximum capacity!
    Source: http://c4evaspeaks.com/

Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Didn't think we'd see this so quick!

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Akenny010

c4eva is god

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

they've been working on this for months since the first halo reach xgd3 disc was given out,

all the new is disc is a a differant layerbreak and some fancy compression, its still on a dvd so will be burned to a dvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

all the new is disc is a a differant layerbreak and some fancy compression, its still on a dvd so will be burned to a dvd

not technically true, the new xdg3 discs have physically more storage space on them, see here - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=736274

c4eva has just found a way of getting around that.

info from another website,

XGD3 BACKUPS OVERVIEW
    To end the confusion once and for all, *yes*, original XGD3 discs have a higher linear/track density and therefore a higher physical capacity than XGD2 and regular DVD+R DL media. As a result, XGD3 ISO backups are larger as well.

For XGD3 backup support, c4eva has introduced in LT+ v2.0 the LT-MAX feature, which allows for XGD3 backups to use the maximum possible layerbreak for regular DVD+R DL media, and therefore all of the available space (8,547,991,552 bytes) of a regular DVD+R DL disc.

Since there is still not enough space on a regular DVD+R DL disc to hold the entire XGD3 game partition, not to mention the Layer 1 Video partition, this is not at all recommended as being "safe" for Xbox LIVE.

XGD3 backups will still boot and play fine on LT+ v2.0 as long as the last approximately 1.7% of the game partition does not contain any of the actual game assets, which it usually won't because the end of the game partition is near the inner edge of the disc, and developers will try to keep their game data near the outer edge (middle of the game partition) to maximize read performance.

Another necessary condition to booting and playing XGD3 backups on regular DVD+R DL media is that the kernel or game code itself must not perform any CIV (Content Integrity Verification) checks on any part of this last approximately 1.7% of the game partition (or at least it must not take any action after CIV failures). Even if there are no actual game assets in this area, there is still pseudo-random padding data which can be checked through CIV, and such checks can even be added later to the game code through title updates, or to the kernel through system updates.

Just like XGD2, XGD3 backups still require the correct dashboard version-specific AP2.5 replay data. As they've done previously, MS has the ability to change the DAE.bin by way of a system update, meaning you may need to re-patch/re-burn at some point. The abgx360 application and database will be updated accordingly to support XGD3.

BEST PRACTICES AND SETTINGS
    The P2P XGD3 ISO rips that were floating around before this point are for ODDEs and are not compatible as-is with LT+ v2.0. Their PFI, DMI and SS sectors are in the wrong PSN (Physical Sector Number) locations and they are missing the critical AP2.5 replay sector and SS replay table. If you intend to play XGD3 backups on a firmware-flashed 360, it's up to you to make sure you're using proper ISOs made with 0800 v3.0, and to double-check by running them through abgx360 before burning.

Keep in mind that this is the first of several potential disc-based backup solutions for XGD3. As such, it's recommened that all subsequent releases maintain the full ISO size and associated layerbreak (2133520) in the .dvd, which will help to ensure that they will be forward-compatible should any media manufacturers step up with new larger-capacity discs (which will be necessary in order to make XGD3 backups as safe as possible on Xbox LIVE).

The actual layerbreak for XGD3 ISOs is 2133520. However, when burning XGD3 ISOs to regular DVD+R DL, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 in accordance with the disc's maximum Layer 0 data zone capacity (2,086,912 [LBA: 0 - 2086911]). The LT-MAX feature in LT+ v2.0 will compensate for this and allow you to play XGD3 backups with this wrong layerbreak, and therefore wrong game partition data PSN locations.

In the case of growisofs as instructed below, in order to avoid errors when burning XGD3 to regular DVD+R DL, you may choose to first truncate the ISO to 8,547,991,552 bytes, and burn using a reduced associated layerbreak of 2086912. This should give you exactly the same end result as if you followed the instructions below for ImgBurn on Windows.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BURNING XGD3 BACKUPS WITH IMGBURN
    We recommended that you use the latest version of ImgBurn (v2.5.5.0 at the time of writing, downloadable at http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download). Older versions may handle this process differently and/or give a different set of errors.

Although it is set by default in ImgBurn, please ensure that under Tools > Settings > Write, you have "Layer Break (For DL Media)" set to "Calculate Optimal".

Please ensure that the layerbreak is set as 2133520 in the .dvd file. If you already have the XGD2 (or other) layerbreak value set in ImgBurn, the .dvd of the XGD3 ISO will override that setting and use the proper layerbreak.

As mentioned above, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 when burning to regular DVD+R DL discs.

Please see the included imgburn-xgd3-errors.png image for screenshots of the errors you'll encounter in ImgBurn and what to click on in each dialog that pops up.

Step by Step:
    1. Choose "Write image file to disc", and after loading the .dvd file, click "Write".
    2. ImgBurn will pop up a notice saying that there is not enough space on the disc to burn the image, and asks if you would like to continue anyway. Click "Yes".
    3. Another message might pop up saying that optimal layerbreak position exceeds L0 capacity. Click "Yes".
    4. An error will then pop up noting that "Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed". Click "Continue".
    5. The image will begin writing to the disc.
    6. Nearing the end of the write process, ImgBurn will pop up an error at around 97% or 98% (this is what we want -- it's intentional!). Click "Cancel".
    7. A notice will then pop up asking if you would like ImgBurn to try and perform the "'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions". Click "Yes".
    8. Let the disc finalize, and you're done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

info from another website,

XGD3 BACKUPS OVERVIEW
    To end the confusion once and for all, *yes*, original XGD3 discs have a higher linear/track density and therefore a higher physical capacity than XGD2 and regular DVD+R DL media. As a result, XGD3 ISO backups are larger as well.

For XGD3 backup support, c4eva has introduced in LT+ v2.0 the LT-MAX feature, which allows for XGD3 backups to use the maximum possible layerbreak for regular DVD+R DL media, and therefore all of the available space (8,547,991,552 bytes) of a regular DVD+R DL disc.

Since there is still not enough space on a regular DVD+R DL disc to hold the entire XGD3 game partition, not to mention the Layer 1 Video partition, this is not at all recommended as being "safe" for Xbox LIVE.

XGD3 backups will still boot and play fine on LT+ v2.0 as long as the last approximately 1.7% of the game partition does not contain any of the actual game assets, which it usually won't because the end of the game partition is near the inner edge of the disc, and developers will try to keep their game data near the outer edge (middle of the game partition) to maximize read performance.

Another necessary condition to booting and playing XGD3 backups on regular DVD+R DL media is that the kernel or game code itself must not perform any CIV (Content Integrity Verification) checks on any part of this last approximately 1.7% of the game partition (or at least it must not take any action after CIV failures). Even if there are no actual game assets in this area, there is still pseudo-random padding data which can be checked through CIV, and such checks can even be added later to the game code through title updates, or to the kernel through system updates.

Just like XGD2, XGD3 backups still require the correct dashboard version-specific AP2.5 replay data. As they've done previously, MS has the ability to change the DAE.bin by way of a system update, meaning you may need to re-patch/re-burn at some point. The abgx360 application and database will be updated accordingly to support XGD3.

BEST PRACTICES AND SETTINGS
    The P2P XGD3 ISO rips that were floating around before this point are for ODDEs and are not compatible as-is with LT+ v2.0. Their PFI, DMI and SS sectors are in the wrong PSN (Physical Sector Number) locations and they are missing the critical AP2.5 replay sector and SS replay table. If you intend to play XGD3 backups on a firmware-flashed 360, it's up to you to make sure you're using proper ISOs made with 0800 v3.0, and to double-check by running them through abgx360 before burning.

Keep in mind that this is the first of several potential disc-based backup solutions for XGD3. As such, it's recommened that all subsequent releases maintain the full ISO size and associated layerbreak (2133520) in the .dvd, which will help to ensure that they will be forward-compatible should any media manufacturers step up with new larger-capacity discs (which will be necessary in order to make XGD3 backups as safe as possible on Xbox LIVE).

The actual layerbreak for XGD3 ISOs is 2133520. However, when burning XGD3 ISOs to regular DVD+R DL, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 in accordance with the disc's maximum Layer 0 data zone capacity (2,086,912 [LBA: 0 - 2086911]). The LT-MAX feature in LT+ v2.0 will compensate for this and allow you to play XGD3 backups with this wrong layerbreak, and therefore wrong game partition data PSN locations.

In the case of growisofs as instructed below, in order to avoid errors when burning XGD3 to regular DVD+R DL, you may choose to first truncate the ISO to 8,547,991,552 bytes, and burn using a reduced associated layerbreak of 2086912. This should give you exactly the same end result as if you followed the instructions below for ImgBurn on Windows.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BURNING XGD3 BACKUPS WITH IMGBURN
    We recommended that you use the latest version of ImgBurn (v2.5.5.0 at the time of writing, downloadable at http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download). Older versions may handle this process differently and/or give a different set of errors.

Although it is set by default in ImgBurn, please ensure that under Tools > Settings > Write, you have "Layer Break (For DL Media)" set to "Calculate Optimal".

Please ensure that the layerbreak is set as 2133520 in the .dvd file. If you already have the XGD2 (or other) layerbreak value set in ImgBurn, the .dvd of the XGD3 ISO will override that setting and use the proper layerbreak.

As mentioned above, ImgBurn will automatically reposition/limit the layerbreak to 2086912 when burning to regular DVD+R DL discs.

Please see the included imgburn-xgd3-errors.png image for screenshots of the errors you'll encounter in ImgBurn and what to click on in each dialog that pops up.

Step by Step:
    1. Choose "Write image file to disc", and after loading the .dvd file, click "Write".
    2. ImgBurn will pop up a notice saying that there is not enough space on the disc to burn the image, and asks if you would like to continue anyway. Click "Yes".
    3. Another message might pop up saying that optimal layerbreak position exceeds L0 capacity. Click "Yes".
    4. An error will then pop up noting that "Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed". Click "Continue".
    5. The image will begin writing to the disc.
    6. Nearing the end of the write process, ImgBurn will pop up an error at around 97% or 98% (this is what we want -- it's intentional!). Click "Cancel".
    7. A notice will then pop up asking if you would like ImgBurn to try and perform the "'Close Track/Session/Disc' functions". Click "Yes".
    8. Let the disc finalize, and you're done!

C4Eva said that information was not accurate and that it didn't come from him.

So let's just wait and see what he says when it's released.

its no secret that the dvd's cannot hold the full amount of data needed, so sounds right, personally i think to much info has been released giving MS the upper hand on what to check for in the future

just because it didnt come from him doesn't mean its not true

its no secret that the dvd's cannot hold the full amount of data needed, so sounds right, personally i think to much info has been released giving MS the upper hand on what to check for in the future

just because it didnt come from him doesn't mean its not true

Well, The fact that he said it was not accurate means it might very well not be true.

To be honest, It does sound pretty dead on, But seeing as the person who creates the firmware for reading the discs and playing the games says it's not accurate, He must have a reason.

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamJungle

"LT+2.0 release imminent with JF and XBC soon after!"

There it is, LT2.0 has just been released, Also 0800 firmware has also been released.

Support for LT Plus 2.0
    -Lite-on Phat 02510C
    -Benq 04421C
    -Sammsung MS28
    Support for LT 0800 v3.0
    -Benq, Lite-On Phat

That's a list of jungle flasher support. The firmware has only been released for them so far, With Slim drives coming next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

just got my drive flashed to 2.0 off console pros..can i update the dash to 13599 and it wil have any effect on the new flash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It'll overwrite your flash, why did you not update before sending it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

thegame wrote: »
    just got my drive flashed to 2.0 off console pros..can i update the dash to 13599 and it wil have any effect on the new flash?

Should have been brought up to 13599 before flashing especially given that it's LT2.0

If its already on 1314x, then its fine to go to 13599, it wont overwrite the flash, but if you are on a dash lower than 1314x then it will overwrite the flash.

Exactly what Gline said.

I'm Shocked Console pros didn't mention this to you, They should have asked if you used it on Xbox live. My guess is they will redo it for free, I know the same work is involved but it's bad if the flashing they just did gets wiped out because a question wasn't asked.

The reason i say this is because they would have known if the update was applied or not as it's a different method to read the key after the drive has been flashed back(This only applies to some drives but my guess is you have a lite-on) Nearly everyone does now)

If you cannot get them to flash it back, Give me a shout and I will do it for you free of charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thor wrote: »
    Exactly what Gline said.

I'm Shocked Console pros didn't mention this to you, They should have asked if you used it on Xbox live. My guess is they will redo it for free, I know the same work is involved but it's bad if the flashing they just did gets wiped out because a question wasn't asked.

The reason i say this is because they would have known if the update was applied or not as it's a different method to read the key after the drive has been flashed back(This only applies to some drives but my guess is you have a lite-on) Nearly everyone does now)

If you cannot get them to flash it back, Give me a shout and I will do it for you free of charge.

Never mind xbox live, any new game he plays even if offline will ask him to update before playing, first thing I do with any drive I get is put it back to stock if not already there and then update.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Never mind xbox live, any new game he plays even if offline will ask him to update before playing, first thing I do with any drive I get is put it back to stock if not already there and then update.

I actually had that part myself but edited the original post(Looked messy). The new XGD3 games will need the new firmware update because they are different then other games.

If they had the whole console themselves they should have updated the dash for you, thats standard practice, and if they didnt have the whole console (maybe just the drive) then they definitly should have warned you and given you a bit of direction on updating the dash preferably before you gave it to them to flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

gline wrote: »
    If they had the whole console themselves they should have updated the dash for you, thats standard practice, and if they didnt have the whole console (maybe just the drive) then they definitly should have warned you and given you a bit of direction on updating the dash preferably before you gave it to them to flash.

^what he said. Since the new dashboard updates flahing the drive back to stock I always speak to customers about risks of updating and I always make sure that there is newest dashboard available installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

I got mine flashed yesterday and I would say that Clone CD seems to burn better than Imgburn for the newer disc type, GOW3 and F!2012 worked for me first time, so just be wide instead of wasting blank discs.

• Advertisement

PAU wrote: »
    I got mine flashed yesterday and I would say that Clone CD seems to burn better than Imgburn for the newer disc type, GOW3 and F!2012 worked for me first time, so just be wide instead of wasting blank discs.

F1 2012 isnt XGD3. Imgburn has no issues with burning the XGD3's either, havent had a failed disc yet with it.

gline wrote: »
    F1 2012 isnt XGD3. Imgburn has no issues with burning the XGD3's either, havent had a failed disc yet with it.

Sorry I meant with the new dash for F1, yeah Imgburn is okay on one forum and bad on another, just go with what works for ya I suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most people with burning problems have them due to using poor DVD Writers, allot of laptop slimline ones are crap, get an external one if its constantly producing coasters. Make sure you use half the rated speed of the media, i.e burn 8x media at 4x, this lessens chance of write errors and also don't use your computer when they are burning, or if you do don't do heavy tasks like downloading, unraring while burning-you get the picture.
    Use good media also, Verbatims are the "Best" apparently. They offer the best relyability in most burners. I put that in quotes as I think any media thats relatively decent paired with a decent writer, memorex, traxdata, tdk etc will work fine if you follow the above.
    Fwiw I've burnt GOW3 & Driver backups on Traxdata Ritek media and they work fine, gears didn't boot except to black screen one time, turned console on/off again then it worked.
    I use imgburn to burn btw, make sure to pick up the latest version at www.imgburn.com and choose to trucate the disc when it starts burning (don't overburn)

Nick

Another point: If you use a laptop to burn never move the thing when its burning, leave it on a flat surface & let it burn.

Yeah Ihave an external burner and it has never let me down and you're right about the burn speeds, I was buring using Clone CD at 2.2x or whatever it was, seems to do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

thanks for the comments..got it reflashed again..my call of duty black ops doesnt work.i was told i need to reburn this again and run it through abgx for it to work..

thanks for the comments..got it reflashed again..my call of duty black ops doesnt work.i was told i need to reburn this again and run it through abgx for it to work..

Yes, ABGX will re-patch it again for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I'm pretty sure discussion of how to burn games is against the rules of the charter, try to keep mentioning of programs and game titles to a minimum ;)

if anyone is looking to get updated to lt 2.0 check out my post in the modding service thread

<removed spam>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If anyone is having trouble burning files, please use the computers & technology forum for advice and help.

If anyone is having trouble burning copyrighted games/software, use another forum altogether.

Seriously, most of you know rules pertaining to what we can and cant discuss when it comes to piracy...advice on burning is not a topic thats allowed. End of discussion now please.

@ DrGreenthumb, you've have an ad in the services thread for a wet day and your already spamming threads with it. Hardly fair on the other lads who offer a service is it? If I see it spammed again both you and your ad will be removed.

• Advertisement

Sorry mods, didn't know that talking about burning software was against the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

PAU wrote: »
    Sorry mods, didn't know that talking about burning software was against the rules.

Burning software in relation to XGD3, whats best for compatibility, & piracy in general is not permitted.

Advertisement