Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100+ Motorcycles Rolling into Town

Options
  • 25-09-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

There are 100+ bikers just after coming into town and are going down the North Quays. They just keep coming, unless they're surrounding Smithfield and just circling it, but I don't think they are. Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: OK it's this then.. http://www.magireland.org/2011/slider/protest-rides-25th-september/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

About a week or 2 ago in Lyon the same thing happened. Video'd the end of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcEV_cRjXtI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Was wondering what this was. They just passed Harold's Cross. Thought the dog was going to have a conniption.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

I read somewhere that they're demonstrating against new laws being brought in which include the compulsory wearing of hi-viz bibs..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

They are protesting against:
    1. Compulsory sleeve-length hi-viz jackets (not just a bib)
    2. Bikes over 7 years old not allowed in urban areas (even though this is only planned in France not Ireland)
    3. Compulsory ABS (although it is only on new bikes it will increase bike cost at the lower end of the scale)
    4. Compulsory data logging (useful if your bike is stolen not so useful if you speed)
    5. New anti tamper laws which I know nothing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Anti-Tampering Protests by bikers also took place in Cork, Galway, Waterford, Athlone. RTE guestimated their were 1,500 bikes on the Dublin Demo alone. Didn't just happen Ireland, but all over Europe today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Sadly some of these protesters showed themselves up big time in a scum baggery way! I watched a good few break pedestrian lights... while pedestrians were crossing! In one case a woman stopped a biker by standing infront of them while the green man was on. I've no idea about the mechanics of a motorbike, but the biker had revved the engine up that smoke was coming from the back wheel in an attempt to intimidate the woman.

What really made it bad was that I couldn't see an obvious registration plate on the bike. Definitely none on the back, perhaps it has a small one somewhere else. But that says to me their intention wasn't 'honest'.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Bikes don't have registration plates on the front...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I've edited! I meant the back. I saw a few really small reg plates as well , whats the reasoning behind that? I'm assuming there is a reason other than difficulty for other drivers to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

saw them today goin down the nass road,they just kept comign and coming,there was easily 500 bikes,there was even a few trikes and mopeds

the noise of it all was crazy, wasnt a car in sight,just bike after bike,was fun to see

Advertisement